Saturday 18 May 2013

Angelina Jolie's mastectomy and my ride to conquer cancer. Will you help me?


So you all heard about the news throughout the week? One word. COURAGE.

Dani Stevens from Fitness Food And Style to ride for RTCC

Courage is the ability to confront fearpaindangeruncertainty, or intimidationPhysical courage is courage in the face of physical pain, hardship, death, or threat of death, while moral courage is the ability to act rightly in the face of popular opposition, shamescandal, or discouragement.

Angelina had an 87% risk of getting breast cancer so she opted to get a mastectomy. You can read all about it HERE. What got me is was what she wrote;

"I can tell my children they don't need to fear they will lose me to breast cancer".


Which made me think, I don't want to be that statistic and certainly don't want to be doing something when it's too late.


That is why I am doing this and challenging Richard to come join me. Will you please share the love and like this picture with all your family and friends, so I can reach my 1 million likes?

Richard Branson will you ride with us in Australia if I get 1 million likes to end cancer?


I know there are so many challenges going on out there.  The month of May is jam packed including our #ffsphotoaday challenge and the new fab ab core toner.


Dani Stevens ab workout

I have seriously dropped the ball with my no added sugar and I reckon I've smashed 2 blocks of marvellous cadbury chocolate since my last post. Seriously. I am not joking. I will be taking a before picture so I can be living proof that trying to maintain your fit lifestyle is as hard as trying to lose weight. 

Even though the fitness program I follow simply works, as soon as you drop the ball and get into your bad habits, your body changes. It's time to do the amazing transformation challenge workout, come and join me. It's the best 12 weeks of your life.


We are away this weekend in Melbourne for our 7 year wedding anniversary so I look forward to touching base with you all next week.


If you were told you have an 87 percent chance of developing breast cancer, what would you do?

Much love and friendship xxDani





8 comments :

  1. Go Dani - your doing an awesome thing. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Caz, it will be interesting to see how my first bike ride goes this week!!! The training is yet to begin! I have only done the lake twice!!! Yikes!!! Thanks for all you love and support xxDani

      Delete
  2. I would definitely do what Angelina has done. I wouldn't want to leave my kids motherless, as well as fatherless.

    Great work, Dani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy, we will need to do that video next time we catch up ;-)

      xxDani

      Delete
  3. My mother had a mastectomy, the five girls in our family are acutely aware of her courage, and hope we can call on the same if and when we need to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. It's amazing how close this horrible disease is to us all. May you girls not be a statistic xx Dani

      Delete
  4. hi Dani. I think you are amazing.
    I was diagnosed with Breast cancer 11 months ago and had a double mastectomy. I'm glad Angelina got people talking about breast cancer.
    Good luck with your ride.
    I can totally understand about Marvellous Cadbury chocolate - It beckons me too.
    Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Trish, I haven't done the rides yet so ease up on the compliments ;-) I do hope I can make you proud as I will be pedalling my a double s off for all those that have passed, survived and battling with the disease today. Thanks so much for your support, it means the world to me x x x Dani

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani