Friday 6 July 2012

Day 5 - no sugar


We are nearly approaching hump day...or rather the half way mark. Do you like how I'm speeding things up a bit ;-) I know, I know there's 2 more days to go and yes they fall over the weekend but seriously you can DO THIS!!! I believe in you!!! SO SO MUCH! You know the drill about how the brain is the most powerful thing in the world, so lets prove it!!!!

How are we all doing anyway? I hope you are surviving okay. If my 6, 4 and 2yo can do it, SO CAN YOU!!!! ;-) I know there are innocent hiccups along the way and that is not really a reason to be hard on yourself, so start afresh and stick to your plan.


So as some of you may know I have had a sore throat these past few days (very painful in fact when swallowing) but you know what? It didn't stop me!

I did my 30mins workout combined the 2 RT & IT today (15mins resistance and 15mins interval training)  sure I feel a little lethargic with this tonsillitis bug but I soldiered on. Didn't push myself to the extreme like I normally would as I listen to my body and if it's telling me to stop, then I stop. It wasn't quite telling me to stop but I slowed it right down.

In fact for my intervals I did MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS in a stand up position. Talk about improvisation!!!

NB: For those of you that know me, you know when I set a goal, I really want to prove to myself that I can do what I say I'm going to do. Which kinda applies to my life in general. I am a woman of my word so whatever I say, is the honest truth and I appreciate when my friends do the same.

Breakfast
Strawberry & pear bircher muesli (I also added dates, walnuts, yogurt with cinnamon)
latte



Morning snack 
pre work out protein shake
fruit with cottage cheese

Lunch
Omelette pizza's AKA frittata left overs from last night



Afternoon snack
Hummus and veggie sticks (yes I know I am a bit of a planner but it's great not to think about what to eat when it's already set up for you like this)


Dinner
Lamb kebabs with spinach and tomato, served with yogurt (I'll post a pic tonight)






Dessert
Fruit salad with nuts & yogurt (if I get peckish this evening)

Wishing everyone a glorious weekend and I look forward to sharing our wend Sat/Sun snaps! What have you got planned this weekend???

XX Dani

8 comments :

  1. Bircher muesli with rasp and strawb and slivered almonds
    latte
    2x oatcakes witha smear of sugar free jam and cheese
    parmesan,ricotta & basil tortellini (out)
    veggie sticks with laughing cow cheese
    polenta crusted chicken and coleslaw
    popcorn (maybe at movies)or an apple?

    Oh - and found totally natural peanut butter at Buni supermarket - no sugar..Nothing but peanuts!
    Hope you are feeling much better xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling a lot better, thanks. Very tempted to do our run tomorrow but that means Adrian will have to go to Lorne afterwards???!!! Best I stay in bed and rest while I can huh? Enjoy the movies!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh my gosh, YES! SLEEP WHENEVER YOU CAN! ;-) Can you tell I have 3 litte ones? The last few night our babe (6 months) has been up TONS at night and it's kickin' my butt! Ha! Still SF though! FYI: Even though I signed up as a SUGAR BABE, I still have not had any honey, maple syrup, or anything that is sugar. I'M SOOO PROUD OF MYSELF! My *GOAL* is to continue this path, we will see!

    *Glad to hear you are feeling better. Way to push yourself and get in those workouts and clean eating. Your hard work is going to shine, my friend! KEEP IT UP!

    Wondering if you are still getting these emails from me? Not sure why they show up when I publish them...yet when I come back they are gone....

    Have a YUMMY day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your breakfast muesli always looks so darn good! I am doing good and have been doing really well with the no sugar. After supper is the worst but I am sticking to it. Just an dessert herbal tea for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Sheri, I have decided to sit in another room out of view from the family/eating room as the kitchen/pantry area tends to tempt me and I think I hear it calling my name. I think they just love it when I use them and cook in their space :-))))) hahah same here some herbal tea or yogurt with fruit but I need to watch I'm not over loading with fruits for the day!!!

      PS: Have you set up your new FB page, let me know when you do so I can "like" it xxDani

      Delete
  5. Hi Dani,
    New visitor to your blog - from "Me" - love your food ideas - they're right down my alley. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Liz N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Liz, thanks so much for stopping by and I do hope you come again as I'd love to share my new clean eating experience. Our kids are doing so well, currently I'm on a 2 week sugar challenge and kids are hilarious and saying "Mama, if you can do it, we can do it!". Let's see how long that lasts for aye? I'll come past your blog soon xx Dani

      Delete
  6. FROM NICOLE LARSON

    Ooh my gosh, YES! SLEEP WHENEVER YOU CAN! ;-) Can you tell I have 3 litte ones? The last few night our babe (6 months) has been up TONS at night and it's kickin' my butt! Ha! Still SF though! FYI: Even though I signed up as a SUGAR BABE, I still have not had any honey, maple syrup, or anything that is sugar. I'M SOOO PROUD OF MYSELF! My *GOAL* is to continue this path, we will see!

    *Glad to hear you are feeling better. Way to push yourself and get in those workouts and clean eating. Your hard work is going to shine, my friend! KEEP IT UP!

    Wondering if you are still getting these emails from me? Not sure why they show up when I publish them...yet when I come back they are gone....

    Have a YUMMY day!

    * * * * *

    Thanks honey ;-) yes they still come into my inbox, thanks for prompting me as I did miss this post. I AM SUPER proud of you for doing the Fruits Of Life option and you may as well continue it these next 4 days as then we can then schedule our PI's with the honey, maple treats. What do you think?? Stay strong and don't let those babes defeat you :-))) hahha it is a killer, we either have one of them disturb one of our nights throughout the week!!! XxDani

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani