Thursday 5 July 2012

Day 4 - no sugar

NO SUGAR
Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing sensational. Yes to all those participating on this sugar free challenge and those just stopping by ;-) How are you? Leave me your comments, I would love to hear from you.

I have woken up with the sorest RHS tonsil and ear. Will go to the docs as I think they are truly infected!!! ANYWAYS enough about my pain.....

My day today will be filled with glorious domestic bliss, I have 4 lovely loads of washing to fold and more washing and drying as I type ;-) followed by a school holiday catch up with a combined group of new friends, Noah's primary school and Oscar's 4yo Kinda friends at 2pm. Really looking forward to it. In fact I have strawberry muffins with no sugar baking in the oven as I type. We do not want to get tempted by the lollies and other sweet stuff that these party play house centres have...WORK THE PLAN and then THE PLAN WORKS for you.

So my plan of attack is....day of rest no actual workout (besides this tonsil/ear pain has completely drained all my energy!!!) however as I am on my feet all day, I feel that I am moving my body and not just sitting behind a computer like I did back in my "paid" working days ;-)

Breakfast
Bircher muesli (love the stuff, already pre made for me!)

Morning snack
Yogurt with fruit salad



Lunch
TBA as my throat is so sore when I swallow

Afternoon snack
Green smoothie (spinach, yogurt, protein powder, banana & chia seeds) I'll whip this up before we head out to our school holiday catch up.
Tea at the play centre of coffee and possibly a bite off my kids strawbs muffin ;-)

Dinner
Pumpkin soup

Picture 1 peel & roast pumpkin Picture 2 fry onions with spices & fresh ginger
Picture 3
Add roasted pumpkin & stir Picture 4 Add chicken stock and allow to boil 



This was a super quick version of my pumpkin soup tonight, I'm sure you have your favourite spin. I typically just throw in whatever I have in the pantry. Tonight I put Moroccan spices eg: cumin, coriander etc... along with turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg with freshly grated ginger. DE-JOUR!!!!!

How did you go without sugar 4 days in a row? Also would love your feedback with my pictures especially the body ones, too much? I recall someone saying I was very brave to post my body pics like that, or referred to me as a proud person. I really just want to keep things real and tell the honest truth of the journey I have had when it comes to body transformation after having 4 kids. Hopefully it will give some women hope that they can get their body back after having babies. My goal is to show it in a healthy & fit way!

Have a superb, fun-tastic and sensational day!!!! Hang on let me just double check which pill I just popped, this sounds like one of my happy pills ;-)))))) ha ha ha NAH! THAT'S JUST HOW I ROLL XXX

11 comments :

  1. Ha ha Dani, love it!! New fitness routine + your blog = very inspired woman!!! Hope this buzz lasts. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie, that's the aim. Hopefully it's contagious xxx

      Delete
  2. I think I had too much dried fruit today: bircher muesli in the morning with dried fruit and freshly squeezed OJ. Then of course, since I had some of my protein balls at home, I had some of those. Never mind....At least it´s dried fruit and not cane sugar!!

    Michael is doing well, one little slip up when he had ONE jelly baby yesterday (it was offered at work and before he realised what he´d done, he´d eaten it ;)

    I Love your pics Dani. Food and Body! It´s all very inspirational!!

    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Jess, the fact that you are both recognising the pattern of your food and what's got sugar in it and what doesn't. Yes to the no cane sugar but I am researching the 2 types of sugars fructose vs glucose so I hope to shed some light on that very soon. Perhaps when we do another challenge in a couple of months, we will step it up a notch!!!
      Glad you're ok with the pics and finding them inspirational XxD

      Delete
  3. Hey Dani, hope your throat is getting better already. Get well soon! Nasty thing to be getting and you have been so motivated still even with it.

    Now, about that comment on you being proud. You need to be proud... proud of the achievement and the success that comes with determination to get back a better body after babies. And you did it with proper diet and exercise. You are advocating a wholesome healthy lifestyle. Why would you not be proud? Many can't be happy and share with your happiness coz they do not feel it. I feel the same way too back when I first started the FYM lifestyle. Thinking that all these women are just a big show off. But when I got results, I can't preach enough about it and offended many along the way coz they refused to accept that results happens when you clean up what you eat & consistent workouts. Apparently, I am hungry for attention. *roll eyes* This is how I roll, ok. LOL.

    People, listen! Proper nutrition and exercise has proven to work to get back your body after babies.
    LOL.. sorry Dani for being angsty in your blog.

    I have derailed a little today in my no sugar challenge, had one too many cups of coffee with sugar. Tomorrow will be better and will keep to the criteria for the next 10 days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are simply gorgeous!!!! That's why I love you my buddy!!!! Your words are so true and thanks for the affirmation. You're right, like minded women will get this, others may not. My focus will be on the ones that come here to follow my journey as I want to show them the way I have done it, so if they want....they can do it as well. However I also get it, that some things don't work for all people but they need to try it out before they say it doesn't work.

      Another day, another coffee my friend. Do you think you'll ever be at a stage to omit sugar out of your coffee? I remember my 2tsp in my latte's 2yrs ago and can't believe I did it!!! The taste of the actual coffee beans and the sweetness milk has naturally is SOOOO much better. Can I entice you perhaps when we do another sugar free challenge, to try no sugar in your coffee? Baby steps remember? Not now of course, I wouldn't do that to you!!!

      Thanks again for your wonderful post!!! It has made my day xxDani

      Delete
  4. That pumpkin soup looks delicious! I've been looking for a new way to tweak my diet, you've inspired me to try going without sugar! Stopping by from the blog hop! Am now a new follower:) Would love if you could follow me back!

    http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Mama-Drama/259491484156846

    https://twitter.com/LoveMyMamaDrama

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Brooke, I'll come past and like your facebook page. Thanks for following me xxDani

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey pretty lady! I thought I'd come by and check you out! I miss the food photos on FYM. :) I am going to have to take some once in a while.

    BTW, I have a recipe that I'd love to share with you. Should I post it in your FYM journal, and you can decide if you want to share it with your followers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the photos here - all so clear and easy to see.

    I hope your tonsils feel better soon - nothing worse than feeling a bit off colour !!!

    Wishing you every success with your no sugar regime - I am not sure if I could do that although I have read some amazing stories from people who have done it.

    Sorry to hear that your Mom is battling so much with menopause - man I hope I don't do a 10 year stint on this !!! I did read that it can last anywhere from 1-10yrs and I thought they were trying to mess with my mind - clearly they weren't !!! My naturopath posted some tablets yesterday which I am hoping will arrive today and hopefully they will help to provide some relief.
    Have a great weekend and take care.
    Love, hugs and positive energy.
    Me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani