Monday 2 July 2012

Day 1 - no sugar

HOW WAS YOUR....


WITHOUT   SUGAR?


I  am proud to say, so far so good. It's nearly 6pm and no sugar besides my x4 fruit servings. Managed to fit in a workout while the kids activity was having a bath ;-) then we did crafts & play dough, went food shopping and even managed to prep all my fruit & veggies so I have them clean and easy access throughout the week!!! Whoosh!!!!! Glad I get to sit down and write you ;-) that's my little break....

Breakfast

Pineapple porridge or as I like to call it upside down pineapple porridge (just sounds better) 
(x1 fruit serve)

Morning snack

Natural greek yogurt, milk, strawberries, chia seeds with protein smoothie
(x3 fruit serve)

Lunch

Tuna salad (spinach, tomato, cucumbers with olive oil & vinegar). The kids had wholemeal wraps with cheese, spinach and beetroot. 


Afternoon snack

Vegetable juice (celery, ginger, apple with protein powder)
(x4 fruit serve)
Coconut popcorn (simply use coconut oil as it adds the sweetness in the popcorn)

Dinner

Lasagna (just finished and placed in the oven as I type) with my under cover béchamel sauce AKA cauliflower with parmesan cheese ;-) 





I typically make 2 meals or dishes when I prepare my cauliflower. In this case Zali has a great soup (as well as us) and my béchamel sauce which is simply onion, cauliflower, bay leaves with peppercorn in water, simply boil until soft. Puree and add parmesan cheese for the lasagne sauce.

How did you go with no sugar today???? I know Anita had some tuna which in the ingredients after she ate it realised there was sugar!!! I was the same when preparing the kids lunch, I was about to have beetroot but realised the can version has sugar!!!

I do love my kids (they are participating as well, see how long they last??). They were upset when I told them the beetroot had sugar and why I wasn't eating it, so they want to make sure they eat the same as me!!! Sheesh I am the luckiest Mum in the world to have kids wanting to do a 2 week sugar free challenge!!!!! I really do feel the love especially with all you readers xx Dani




12 comments :

  1. It's only 7:30 am here, so I'm just getting started, but I'm planning on enjoying my four servings of fruit for breakfast and some salad for lunch (dressing sans sugar, of course). For supper, I may make some vegetarian sushi and miso soup, provided all the ingredients are sugarless. Slow moving this morning, but, thankfully, I'm a black coffee drinker...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning!!! Get that caffeine into you!!!! ;-)))) Glad I got rid of my 2 sugars in my lattes. I can't believe I used to drink coffee with sugar!!! We live and learn. Have a great sugar free day and if you need any inspiration for anything sugary, let me know xxDani

      Delete
  2. Hey Sugar! ;-) (Sorry, couldn't resist)

    From one of my friends I got this recipe. I have not made this but I had to share it with the SF crew over here.
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2009/10/13/make-these-now/

    FYI: When I post here it shows up...but when I come back to see if there is a "reply" from you. I no longer see my post? Just wanted to let you know. Very interesting that you get them in your box.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAde my kids a smoothie for afternoon tea and accidently licked the vanilla yoghurt off the spoon! Crap! Pulled my tongue backin a real hurry.

    Made it through the first day no hassles other than that.. Did have party at bowling alley where kids ate TOTAL CRAP..(It was provided) There was a time when this wouldn't have bothered me..UUGGH...But then twins cut up a selection of fruit and had cracker with cream cheese for afternoon tea - ALL ON THEIR OWN...
    4 serves fruit..Tick...Homemade soup for lunch..Nuts..Turkey casserole and polenta..Crumpets with banana and kiwi..Couple of lattes - no sugar obviously xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOW AWESOME!!!! You're too easy to coach through this sugar free challenge!! One of my top students ;-)))) wink*

      Delete
    2. Ha! You're my top blogger student...wink wink...
      Gotta go organise myself for bootcamp..
      HAve a great day lovely xx

      Delete
  4. Well done so far you guys.

    Yeah interested in how you guide your kids with regard to snacks, sweets, deserts after meals etc, do you have some rules? I tend not to buy crap these days, but it gets bought in at times by well meaning friends and grandparents! I generally encourage healthy snacking, home made treats and the occasional chocolates but sometimes feel a bit mean when I see what other parents let their kids eat on a daily basis and my kids are drooling by!!

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Rachel, so glad you are here. Nice to touch base with readers that leave a comment ;)))) love it!!!
      Our kids have always been surrounded by sugar and realise they see it most when at parties, supermarkets or petrol stations. Somehow we have been fortunate enough for them to realise its only once in a blue moon that they can have it, full on eg: a redskin or marshmallows etc...
      Trust me I too feel guilty that I am depriving them of their Willy Wonker dream so we sometimes make baby chino's sprinkled with cocoa and give them mini marshmallows. Still that's pretty mean too huh? They're always hopeful for the larger ones ;)
      As long as you bestow or teach them the food you are giving them is to give them brain power, energy and stamina for their growing muscles & bones, super eyesight so they see in the dark (that's our carrot theory) then they slowly realise its for their own good. They're pretty switched on and hardly ever ask for sugary stuff. Outta sight outta mind. XxD

      Delete
  5. Oh and love the idea for Bechamel sauce, I sometimes do Jamie Oliver alternative which is a tub of low fat creme fraiche loosened with a little water, mixed with 3 anchovies and a handful of parmesan. Yummy - love lasagne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Jamie!!! That sounds sooooo delish! I also buy a ham hock when cooking my cauliflower (or you can use bacon, bacon bones) just to give it that extra flavour!
      BTW regarding your first post, we typically have main meals that kids fill up on and sometimes offer dessert eg: yogurt with fruit, "clean" fruit crumble or semolina maybe 2-3 nights per week. XxDani

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the replies Dani. Fruit combos are always, love baked fruit too. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fitness is the situation of living being bodily fit and in good physical shape and can incorporate some diverse quantifiable qualities for commercial fitness equipment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani