Friday 22 June 2012

Transformation Challenge & food journal

Hello beautiful people, I am back and wanted to post the meals I had yesterday and today just to keep you on track and of course me!

Let's start with today....no workout today, day of rest and I have decided to change my 15 minutes per day to 30mins every second day. It just works better for me. Just so you know, I do not workout more than 90 minutes a week. So I combine both strength and cardio training in the 30 minutes.

Breakfast
Fruit salad porridge
(remember I like making this on the stove top as it bubbles away gently while I organise all the kids at the table)




Morning snack
Fruit salad
these 2 amazing "clean" choc chip cookies
1 latte (well 2 actually before Celeste left)




Lunch
Salmon with spinach (NB: I always make more dinner so I have left overs the next day or two!)

Afternoon snack
Banana with handful of nuts
2 protein balls AKA under cover chocolate truffles

Oh yes this is me on the go picking up the kids from Kinda and School, feeling a little French inspired with my snacks on the go ;-)




Dinner
Spinach and parmesan gnocchi served with bolognese sauce

Semolina is always in our pantry as I make it for the kids and it's kinda like a pudding custard dessert. My mother used to make it when we were kids and also savoury styles in soups like a dumpling. So I ended up making some of my own inventions when I worked out there were gnocchi recipes out there with semolina instead of potato in it.

My version is simple;

1). Make your semolina as per packet instructions (I used 2 1/2 cups of milk & approx. cup of semolina)
2). Cook some spinach (I had 2x150g bags but you can also use frozen but thaw it out & drain water) add 2 eggs and your choice of cheese (parmesan is best but I only had our pizza mix one), freshly grated nutmeg and S&P
3). Mix all ingredients thoroughly or use a hand blender
4). Spread out onto baking paper and allow to cool and set


I then cut them into small rectangle shapes and placed them under the griller (you can sprinkle more parmesan cheese) and then toss through your favourite sauce!!!!



After dinner snacks
handful of BBQ shapes (this was unexpected as my husband raided the pantry!)
handful of almonds as I type this post!


Now let's go back to yesterday....ohhhhh yesterday ooo---ooooo--oooo all my troubles seem so far away... ok see how easily I get distracted!!!!

Did my 30 minute workout (both strength & cardio) and seriously increased my DB weights to 9kg as I did some squats and sheesh I was sweating!!!!

Breakfast
Sultana bran with milk
latte

Morning snack
Fruit smoothie
(this is loaded up with whatever fruit I have in my bowl, yogurt & splash of milk)

Lunch
Salmon with snow peas


Afternoon snack
Corn thins with peanut butter
carrot and celery sticks

Dinner
Tandoori chicken with yogurt and rice





NB:  I made the tandoori from scratch so let me know if you need my recipe otherwise you can just google it?


I do hope you have had a superb last couple of days and please feel free to drop me a line from time to time. Would love to hear your feedback on my brand new blog and any of my posts.

Goodnight from Australia (rather it's past midnight, so it's morning!) I need to Zzzzzzzz........before one of our kids wakes us up ;-))

XxDani

4 comments :

  1. I love the semolina gnocci recipe! I am gonna give that one a go in our next meal plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure your semolina is really thick as it needs to set solid so you can cut out whatever gnocchi shapes and place under the grill.

      You're gonna love my breaky this morning. Will post hopefully before you're wend away in Melbourne. Otherwise have a sensational time and GO PIES!!!! XxD

      Delete
  2. If you're still steering clear of sugar, I've love to know how you make your teriyaki. I love it, but it always seems to call for sugar, honey, or mirin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM SOOOOO sorry but I did a typo error with my chicken! It was tandoori chicken so I NOW must share with you my Teriyaki chicken recipe however I DO USE honey instead of the traditional brown sugar, so there is no escaping the sweetness this dish needs. I am not that oppressive when it comes to natural sugars it's just the main stream products on our shelves that we buy are loaded with sugar! We avoid that wherever possible.

      Please stay tuned for my Teriyaki chicken as you now have my mouth watering....

      XxDani

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani