Friday 22 June 2012

Glorious day!!! Start with a sensational breakfast

I had a late start to my day as Zali and I were up for a quick feed at 6am and then slept until 9am. I put together my LSA mix (which is typically linseed, sunflower seeds and almonds all blended together) however I blend whatever nuts & seeds I have in my pantry. Add some milk and fruit and POP! You are super charged for the morning and ready to take on anything the day brings you.

Breakfast
Gluten Free cereal with banana, kiwi and apple puree
(LSA mix ~ I simply place my nuts and seeds in a magic bullet type gadget, you can use whatever blender you have with that blade that turns things into a flour consistency)




Morning snack
vegetable sticks and tomatoes
laughing cow cheese

Lunch below (tandoori chicken salad delivered to my husband as I had errands to run)
Meatballs with corn thins and side salad
2 protein balls AKA under cover choc truffles



Afternoon snack
2 x hard boiled eggs
corn crackers with hummus
1 orange

Dinner
Minestrone soup (loaded with beans, veggies and bacon) sprinkled with parmesan & chives



Place your choice of beans (I used a can of borlotti & 4 mix beans) in a large saucepan on the stove and chop up 2 zucchini's,  2 carrots, 2 potatoes & 2 sticks of celery.

Cover with just enough water. Bring to a boil with 6 cloves of garlic for the aroma factor.

Turn down heat and simmer for 30mins. During this time slice or dice some bacon (I used 6 bacon rashes, fat off) and allowed for it to brown, added some of the soup mixture and let it simmer for a few minutes.

Place this all back into the saucepan, add a bay leaf,  sprinkle of cinnamon, paprika and S & P. I add the pasta (I used either macaroni or rasini) right at the end until it becomes al dente. Sprinkle with parmesan, chives or fresh parsley and whalla! Super quick and a very nutritional meal under 30mins. Crusty bread goes well with this but if you're staying clear of it, then help yourself to 2 bowls ;-)

NB: I vary this soup from time to time and fry up an onion but tonight I thought I wouldn't do a double wham-ma of a massive gas cloud hovering above our house so I kinda kept it low key. I also add tomatoes but left them out tonight. What do you put in your minestrone soup?

I'm just about to do my 15 minutes strength workout and 15 minutes interval training so I am pumped!!! 

Oh yeah I am also going to try a running group tomorrow (more for a social outlet) as I am no runner. However I have made a goal before I hit 40 that I do some kind of a charity fun run. I did let a girlfriend know (yes you Jessica S AKA Waldram) that I would love to join her next time she does one. I'll keep you posted with how I go tomoz.....  

Wishing everyone a fabulous Friday and I look forward to touching base real soon and sharing with you our pantry meals over the weekend. 

What's on for you this weekend? XxDani

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani