Tuesday 25 February 2014

Pre and post body after baby no. 3 PLUS my Blue Steel pose ;-)


Baby number 3. WOWZA!!! You would think I learnt from my previous 2 pregnancies that eating all that bad junky stuff wasn't going to be a good idea. But no I was listening to that voice saying "you're eating for two".

Boy! Did I suffer the consequences. Yup! 20kgs+ later…..

This was me at 38 weeks with Mietta back in October 2009....


This was my 3rd pregnancy with Mietta (Oct 2009) weighing 85kgs AKA 187lb

My fitness regime back then was based on Fit Yummy Mummy so click to read all the great success stories "of real women" that this program has changed lives across the globe. Without this fitness regime kick starting my new healthy lifestyle, I wouldn't have been able to achieve such amazing results with just exercising 15 minutes per day! I am not a gym person, don't particularly want to work out for an hour as time is too precious to me at the moment as every minute is spent with our young family.

The big turning point for me was the food. I thought I was able to get away with those weekly take away meals, a muffin or a chocolate per day, chips and nibbles here and there. Naha. It was going straight to my you know where. Just fat depositing itself nicely and getting real cosy! So I am so glad my life has turned around and I no longer eat the way I used to. Sure, I treat myself 1-2 per week but not everyday!

Otherwise I would still look like this…..


Here's a chunky version of me post baby no.3 Jan 2010 weighing over 85kgs AKA 187lb
I participated in a few Fit Yummy Mummy challenges throughout 2009-12 and achieved some awesome results. So what better way to celebrate my post baby number 3 transformation than with my very own blue steel pose :-) Thank you to the wonderful photographer Phil Darley at Darley Management who managed to make me look like like super model for a day (yeah right!) ha ha


Dec 2010

So in a nutshell I was able to achieve my body back with some simple tools which I will continue to share on my blog and hope that you too join this journey of feeling and looking great! However the best thing about all this "clean eating" and exercising is how healthy and fit I feel especially the "extra" energy I have to enjoy my very fast paced life!!!! I need all the energy I can get managing a household of 6 people.

Tell me one of your blue steel moments and whether you have achieved something that you never thought was possible?

Enjoy your week!

Much love & friendship,
XxDani

12 comments :

  1. Blue Steel moment... Paris Marathon 2012! Who would have thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a phenomenal achievement Anita. I am sooooo proud of you xx

      Delete
  2. Wow dani u look great and an inspiration for me.....wanted to ask is it possible to have body like yoyrs while feeding? ....or we lose once we stop feeding

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and yes I am breastfeeding and it's taken me a few years to get this fitness and food balance. Every body is different. It is doable so I enjoy seeing and reading your progress. Stay committed and work the plan xxDani

      Delete
  3. Amazing, Dani! You look amazing!
    Blue steel moment? Doing the City2Surf and smashing the previous year's PBT by 5 mins. Plan to smash another 5 this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You WILL smash it!!! I'd love to do something like that in fact before I turn 40, I'd love to do a fun run! BTW I'm no runner!!! So I've got a year to do some training xxxDani

      Delete
  4. This is awesome!! I'm pregnant with No:3 was feeling a little down with how much weight i've packed on this time around. You give me total inspiration! You may have just saved me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for the late reply, I do hope I can give you hope that you can get your body back!! Come follow my Facebook page and Instagram so we can get more connected otherwise thank you so much for being a reader of my new FFS blog XxDani

      Delete
  5. Amazing transformation, and from working out just 15 minutes a day. This sounds like my type of exercise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to believe me Milina, I have no time in my day to go work out any where else or those spin classes, zumba etc....so this was a life saver when I came across it 5 years ago!!! I swear by it and I hope my pics tell the story!!! XxDani

      Delete
  6. Is there a link that we can read the kind of exercises you do in 15 minutes? I will appreciate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mayra, I follow the Fit Yummy Mummy program which outlines all the exercises at Clubfym. They are typically body weight exercises including other equipment eg: dumb bells, bands, medicine ball and swiss (fit) ball. Also interval training from skipping, star jumps, burpees etc...all in the comfort of your own home. For further info click on the link under the FITNESS tab and you can give it a go for 30 days free. Let me know how you go XxDani

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani