Tuesday 14 January 2014

Fitness Transformation Tuesday with Craig Spencer

I have been following this gentleman for a few months now and I am totally blown away by his commitment and dedication. You are amazing!!!

Let me introduce you to the wonderful Craig Spencer, all the way from the UK. Come read his journey thus far and follow him on his Instagram handle @BigSpen73 and be inspired!

I welcome you all to submit your new healthy and fit journey and share it with me. Click here.

Much love and friendship,
xxDani



How old are you and please can you share your health and fitness journey to date?


Hi, I'm Craig i am a 40 year old single father of three youngboys. in May of 2013 I hit my heaviest I'd
ever been, 25 stone 2 lbs (160 kilo) 352.7lbs I smoked, ate badly and finally my knees gave up the fight 
and succumbed to patella tendinitis leaving me unable to walk very far at all and even then only with 
the aid of a walking stick. My GP referred me to the waist wise program at my local leisure centre, a 12 
week group course of food psychology and light exercise, whilst there I learnt that the gym was nota 
place to be feared but a tool to be used, as was the pool. At first I managed a light gym session of light 
cardio and flirting with a few weight training machines. Also allowing myself a warm down of 15 
lengths of the 25m pool. At the same time I tried cutting down on my sugar and fat intake. I Started to 
see results and I liked it. So I kept going and pushing myself more and more each time, I am now at 8 
months into my journey and I've lost 7 stone 4 lbs (over 100lbs) and I won't stop till I've lost another 
50-60 lbs. Oh yeah, and I've been smoke free for the past 4 months now also.
        

What types of foods did you used to eat as a kid and young adult? What's changed since then?


I could eat McDonald's like nobody else, fast food, pizza, high fat, high sugar (3 sugars in my hot 
drinks) I never ate breakfast, some days I wouldn't eat till the evening, but then I would just pig out. I 
now eat a more balanced diet, low sugar and fat options are chosen whenever possible, I consume vast
amounts of green tea (with Sweetener now) and I am a little bit addicted to peanut butter lol.

        
Do you play any sports or what sports do you like watching?


I love the gym and swimming, I usually go to the gym 4 - 5 times a week, swim 3 times a week (70
lengths of 25m pool) and I do a Zumba class once a fortnight (on the Friday I don't have my kids). 
        

What are your interests, passion and what makes you smile?

Everything I have done, and everything I still want to achieve is all for my boys. My reason for being
xxx
        

What was the catalyst that sparked your lifestyle change?

The realisation that not being able to play with my kids because of hobbling around with a walking 
stick was not who I wanted to be.

What are some of your dreams/goals you hope to achieve over the next 12 months?


I am aiming to get to 14 stone by my 41st birthday at the end of September.
                
What tips would you like to share with my readers about your transformation?

I am aiming to get to 14 stone by my 41st birthday at the end of September. 

* * * 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani