Tuesday 17 September 2013

Weight loss story on Transformation Tuesday with Jon Mahoney

This is pretty cool. To see images side by side like this is such an inspiration and I hope my male readers are inspired as I know my husband was when he saw these before and after pictures of Jon.

Let me introduce you to Jon, who grew up eating junk food and only one to two large meals per day. This has now all changed, have a read of his transformation. 





How old are you and please can you share your health and fitness journey to date? 
I am 24 years old. I first started lifting weights at 18 years old going into my freshman year of college. I fell in love with the results I saw and the discipline it imparted into my life.

What types of foods did you used to eat as a kid and young adult? What's changed since then? 
My diet was pretty terrible growing up. Luckily I didn't have a big appetite so I would usually only eat one or two meals a day but when I did eat it would be a lot of junk foods.

Do you play any sports or what sports do you like watching? 
Never really had an interest in sports. I played hockey for a few years growing up but lost interest. I am a strength and conditioning coach for high school and college baseball players so I have developed a certain fondness for baseball.

What are your interests, passion and what makes you smile? 
I love training! Constantly pushing myself to be better is my passion. I'm also an avid reader and love taking my dog for walks.

What was the catalyst that sparked your lifestyle change? 
I was always very skinny growing up and was interested in working out from a young age but never had access to a gym. Once I was able to join a gym I fell in love with it.

What are some of your dreams/goals you hope to achieve over the next 12 months? 
My goal is to compete in my first bodybuilding show next summer. So I will be training very hard this year to get into the best shape of my life!

What tips would you like to share with my readers about your transformation? 
Hard work and consistency. If you want to see results you need to make a plan and stick to it. Don't constantly be stressing about whether or not you are doing the most effective plan. Just stick with a good plan and be consistent! 


* * * 

Thank you so much Jon for sharing your healthy new journey with us. You can follow Jon on his Instagram handle cast_iron_trainer.


Stay fit and healthy!
xxDani 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani