Wednesday 13 February 2013

Day 13 - no added sugar challenge

Hello there! Feeling more energised? Skin clearer? Mood better? That's all the feedback I have been receiving about this challenge and you know what? That's brilliant!!! That's what this is all about. Becoming healthier and happy peeps.

Today was a struggle for me. I have a pretty hectic day when Mietta goes to Kinda (early learning centre) for 2 hours as I drop off the boys to school in the morning, run some morning errands before heading back home for Zali to have her sleep, we then have lunch and then wake up Zali to take her big sis to Kinda for 2 hours! Then it's either another errand or walk around the lake during those hours. Then pick up the boys between 3-3:15pm and then rush to grab Mietta at 3:30pm!!! WHOOSH! That's the day GONE!

Breakfast
180 Nutrition coconut green smoothie (needed something to take away for the kids school run!)
spinach
celery
apple
ginger

Green smoothie spinach, apple, celery and ginger



*For your exclusive 10% discount on any 180 Nutrition product simply use my 264464 promo number at checkout 

Morning snack
Fruit salad with yogurt

Lunch
Tuna salad wholemeal wrap

Afternoon snack
Tzaziki dip with cherry tomatoes, hard boiled eggs and wholemeal rice crackers

Healthy snack




Dinner
Steamed vegetables with legumes

Steamed vegetables


Wasn't feeling overly hungry tonight, especially with the warm weather today. So we just steamed some vegetables and served the kids with tuna while we had a chickpea/legume mix.


Dessert
Yogurt mango and berry icy poles

Method:
Mix natural yogurt or coconut milk with mango and berries (or whatever fruits you have) freeze and enjoy!!

Can I just say how pleased I am to see such wonderful no added sugar meals in our #noaddedsugar #nashchallenge gallery. I am blow away!! Here's just a few that caught my eye!!!

No added sugar challenge


Thanks to @pippafitness for her mexican inspired stuffed capsicum @mrs_parkinson for her amazing protein pancake stacks layered with coconut yogurt and banana @fithealthymade sweet treat ideas for Valentines Day and @laura_rixon for her array of food colours!


This challenge has been fantastic and I am so proud of you all for taking the plunge! I'm loving my Sarah Wilson I QUIT SUGAR ebook, grab a copy here if you need some inspiration.

What about next month? And the rest of the year? Please let me know what other challenges you would like to see me run!!!


Ready for next months challenge?




List them in your comments below and see you tomorrow on the most romantic day ever.

♥ Dani

3 comments :

  1. Hi Dani,

    I have been following your blog for the past 1 month. Love reading your blog, I also subscribe to the blog email updates. And I follow your FB & IG page. You are such an inspiration, gorgeous & beautiful hot mumma.

    I'd like to ask a few questions:

    1. What's the benefit of the 180 Nutrition Powder? Is it to curb hunger, helps with muscle recovery etc?

    2. How many times should we drink that everyday?

    3. Do you exercise only 15 minutes/day or more like 30 minutes plus?

    Thank's Dani...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marta, apologies for my delay, our internet has been very slow and the pages are taking soooo long to load!!!! Thanks for all your kind words, you are truly beautiful and I appreciate you SO MUCH! It's women like you that make me do what I do!!!

      1). Benefits besides all the natural goodness is it fuels me pre and post workouts and is my quick meal on the go when I am running late and not able to sit down at the bfast table. It's not to curb hunger as I fuel my body 5-6 times per day so I couldn't function if I missed my next meal.

      2). I drink mine every day and as stated above pre and post workout mostly and then on the go if I am rushed for breaky

      3). I work out 90 minutes per week. If I do it 15 minutes in one day or 30 minutes and then leave the following day as rest, then I do that. I never spend more than 1hr 30mins on my workouts which is outlined in my 15 minute workout program I follow. Click on the side banner for more information as I have a promo 50% plus 30 days free trial at Clubfym.

      Let me know how you go!
      xxDani

      Delete
  2. Hi Dani...

    Thank you so much again for answering my questions above. Appreciate it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani