Tuesday 11 September 2012

Motivate yourself

To all my beautiful readers, ohhhh how wonderful it is to be here with you. You are here aren't you? Yes, of course you are! I'm just kidding! You comment throughout my day let it be via my blog, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest pages. I feel so connected with you all. I sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart for embracing me and my blog. I just love what I am doing and so happy you feel the same. You really do motivate me.

I came across this today on a Facebook page I "liked" and it really striked a cord with me. This used to be me. Miserable, overweight (or carrying excess baby weight) so the only person to make any changes to my mind and attitude? Was me, myself and Dani!!! I am so glad I made that mind shift and have such a beautiful outlook on life now....


I went out for a quick run this morning, well it wasn't a full on run. I did my Fit Yummy Mummy 30/30 interval training. What is 30/30? It was 30 seconds of running hard core up a hill and 30 seconds of light jogging. I did this 10 times. So not only did I get my interval training done, I also ran to help me on the 21st October for the Run Ballarat fun run. Which reminds me, any of my local readers participating? Would love to meet you!

Breakfast
Green smoothie with coconut protein powder (yum!)


Ingredients and method

Blend 2tbs coconut protein powder with;
handful of spinach & walnuts
250ml milk (or yogurt)
1 kiwi fruit
2 strawberries
1 slice of cantaloupe
1/2 tsp Chia seeds

Workout completed today 15 minutes
Phase 2 Advanced super sets week 1-4
Workout A ~ equipment required a mat and dumb bells

It's great having the Transformation Kit as it gives your entire body a complete workout. I had a moment with the super plank but managed to pull through it. I'm not a fan of lunges or anything requiring me to balance on one foot, due to my pelvis instability condition I had throughout my pregnancy. So I take care performing these moves and when necessary workout beside something I can place my hand on for support.

Morning snack
latte
Yogurt with blueberries and walnuts

My girlfriend had a drizzle of honey whereas I kept mine honey free


Lunch
2 fried eggs with feta and tomatoes on rye bread



Afternoon snack
Feta and basil dip with vegetable sticks



Dinner
Bolognese sauce with ribbon raw carrots



Ingredients
800gms mince meat
1 finely diced onion
3 garlic gloves crushed
2 finely chopped celery sticks & carrots
3 bay leaves
1tbs of oregano & basil
1/2 tsp fennel
1/2 tsp curry
2 bottles of cooking sauce
bunch of parsley
S&P
Olive oil
water



Method
1. Heat olive oil and cook vegetables until soft and golden
2. Add mince meat with garlic and cook until brown
3. Once cooked, add dry herbs
3. Pour cooking sauce and simmer until sauce thickens. Add S&P and fresh parsley




It's movie night tonight and I can hear chocolate paper being unwrapped. So goodnight my wonderful friends, until we meet again.

Xx Dani



6 comments :

  1. Ha! I did wonder where your pics were and refreshed three times before reading the full post because I thought there was a problem with my computer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you're keeping well x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dinner looks fabuloso... i have never tried this with carrots. Love your ideas. keep it coming. big hug

    ReplyDelete
  4. could you tell me what is this coconut protein powder that you use? thanks, btw i love your page and meal ideas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!!! I'll be writing up a post about this fabulous protein powder soon. I LOVE IT!!! XxDani

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani