Saturday 25 August 2012

Day 12 TT12 - ab challenge ROUND 1 completed

Happy Saturday everyone, hope you're having a fab weekend so far!



Breakfast
egg muffins with spinach, tomato & feta

PWOS vanilla




Ingredients
2 eggs
feta
S&P
avocado (1/2 mashed)
handful of spinach
1 tomatoe
2 wholemeal toasted muffins





I was super hungry after I came home from my 6km run/walk...

Ohhhhh I was so hideous with my run this morning!!! Pathetic actually! Seriously. Here I am claiming to be all fit and healthy (well you know, kinda, I'm on a journey with you all) and I can't even run without getting a stitch? WTH??? Yes that dreaded stitch came back!

This is what I was dealing with !!! I had to take this footage to show you BUT I'm also here to let you know that I WILL NOT LET THE STITCH beat me!!!! Here goes! Have a laugh will ya!!

Morning snack
GF and nut free fruit bars




I make these for the boys lunch boxes regularly as they are not allowed any nuts at school, so instead I place various seeds and usually I put almond meal but I've started on either GF flour, wholemeal or buckwheat. I bake them so they are crunch like muesli bars.

Ingredients
Oats
Buckwheat flour
Pumpkin seeds
Sunflower seeds
Cranberries
Macadamia oil
1 tsp vanilla essence

Method
Mix all ingredients together until you get a nice dough like mix (add water or milk if too dry) and shape into muesli type bars

Lunch
Salad sandwich

Afternoon snack
Yogurt fruit parfait





We just cut up some kiwi & strawberry for the bottom layer, added yogurt, then frozen berries with walnuts, topped with yogurt. Kids had honey drizzled onto, I added a mint leaf :-)

Dinner **will post pics ASAP having connection issues**
BBQ scotch fillets with pumpkin, feta and spinach salad

Dressing
I mixed some olive oil, 1tsp honey, 2 tsp seeded mustard, squeezed 1/2 lemon and gave it a shake in this little jar and poured over the salad.


Fitness - ab challenge update


As you know I am doing the Fit Yummy Mummy Tighter Tummy in 12 days challenge which ended today. I took a quick pic from one of my core strength exercise moves today....



Well this is it....12 days of focusing on the ab region, I'll be repeating this program again for those that wish to join me. As for those that are doing their own program we are still going for another couple of weeks, as some of you mentioned you wouldn't see massive results in just 12 days. So I will repeat this TT12 again.

Here are my results......thus far.

I lost a total of 1.5cm around my waist & muffin top region


This was me 12 days ago when Celeste took a picture of me, so I got Adrian to try and take as close to those pics as she did.



Now I know it's no chisel 6 pack and not sure how far I can take this but hey, let's see what another 12 days does.

I didn't really commit 100% to this mini 12 day challenge. I had chocolate, I had chips, I missed a workout, I have more excuses than I can think of.

So........

My NEW goals for the next 12 days, starting tomorrow are:
  • EAT NO SUGAR WHATSOEVER (this includes honey & maple syrup)
  • NEVER MISS A WORKOUT
  • NO CAFFEINE DRINKS
  • RUN AT LEAST X3 PER WEEK (on my day of rest AKA workout free days)
  • FOCUS ON MY CORE FYM STRENGTH TRAINING
Are you in???

Xx Dani

15 comments :

  1. Hey sis...count me in again! I've lost 2.5kilos and tightened my belt by about 2 notches, so motivated to keep going. I must admit, I haven't really focused around my abs as much as I should, so will be for the 2nd round.

    BTW - I'm a little confused, haven't you jumped the gun a bit? I thought the challenge finishes on the 5th Sept...or am I confusing the ab challenges???
    :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'oh!! My bad...just read it again!! So glad I have another 12 days of the challenge to go!!! heh-heh ;-)

      Well done on your results, btw!!

      Delete
    2. That's so great to hear!!!! I will be trying to be a bit more diligent on my end as I complain about how I didn't get results, maybe I should be asking my chocolate and chips that question when I'm eating them!!!!! Err derr!!!! Let's see how we go with another 12 days!!! XxDani

      Delete
  2. Dani!!! You are doing everything so great! I am so proud of you and especially of your running consistency...even with the stitch!!! :-)
    And your recipes...so inspiring!
    Your tummy is getting more and more defined and beautiful!!! I am looking forward to the start of the next FYM challenge on the 3rd of September...will you join? I would love to use running as Intervals!
    Love you my friend!!!! Good job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOHHHHH thank you so so much bella!!! Yes! I am definitely in for our next Fit Yummy Mummy challenge xxD

      Delete
  3. Looks totally awesome babe! I didn't take measurements at the start.. I will try to go sugar free again.. Shouldn't be too hard..Not giving up the caffeine entirely tho..

    See you Tues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try and take measurements now babe and see how you go these next 12 days. I am on day 2 NO CAFFEINE, no side effects other than feeling really sluggish but I reckon it was my run that tired me out!!! Sheesh! I'm such an unfit "runner" Bring on the fun run so I can say good bye to running!!! :) XxDani

      Delete
  4. I am game. I am already sugar free, but I am also grain and bean free, so would love to experiment with your gorgeous food to go more Primal with it. May I share my discoveries? What I slip up on are my workouts. I live in Texas and it has been so hot....but cooler weather is coming. Got to hit the streets again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kate, you are halfway there then if you have been sugar free and watching all the processed foods, trans fat etc....good on you. I am on Day 2 of my ab challenge so I really want to see if things can get tighter (although my excess skin is in my way! poor ab muscles can't be seen!!!). I would really encourage you to make TIME for YOU and build some workouts within your week. Are you at gym gal or can you work out at home?? Try to move at least 15 minutes per day and you will definitely see results. Keep me posted xxDani

      Delete
  5. mmmmmmmm My favourite breakfast egg & avocado muffins!

    Keep up the good work Dani, I'm still doing the FYM workouts but not following any other rules other than generally eating healthy, mostly home made food, staying active. Funnily enough went on a camping holiday for a week then had another week off workouts, tho lots of walking and swimming fun with the kids and came back lots 2lb not that I wanted too, - like you I dont want to lose anymore weight cos I'll start lookin too gaunt.
    My main focus is staying fit at the moment and it feels good!

    Gave up sugar in my tea last year but that's as far as it's gone, so well done you Dani. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rach, I am trying to increase my strength training and will get me some heavier dumbbells....great to read you are keeping on track babe and thank you soooo much for coming by xxDani

      Delete
  6. fruit bars method please :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So so sorry for my late reply!!! I will be trying to make these guys again and measure this time!!! Otherwise if you see a post floating around with my approximate measurements, you'll have to forgive me. Thanks so much for your patience xxD

      Delete
  7. Gluten free and nut free bar method please Dani have all the ingredients ready to make them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I soooo need to make these again and really measure properly. Otherwise if you have the ingredients, start with blitzing your dried fruits and seeds together, adding the oat or your choice of GF flour as it binds. If it's too thick add the macadamia oil until you get a dough type mixture and then shape or roll into balls and bake until golden xD

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani