Friday 20 July 2012

I work out!!!! LMFAO - no excuses

I know this sounds a bit harsh but I am participating in a 6 week challenge so my goal was never to miss a workout. So far, I haven't and I am stoked, as I thought I would use one of my old excuses but they are slowly starting to fade away.....instead I have LMFAO getting me through my workouts these days :-)

Pre workout
Apple puree

Resistance training 4 x 50 secs of various circuit exercises with 10 secs of rest
Interval training 10 x 60 secs of SB (swiss ball) wall squats and shoulder press with 10 secs of marching

Post workout 
Vanilla protein powder with water 300ml

Breakfast
Home made muesli (oats, corn flakes, cranberries, walnuts, coconut, chia seeds) with milk




Morning snack
Yogurt with chia seeds, frozen blueberries & almond flakes (sprinkle of cinnamon)


Here are the kids doing some water colour painting with sprinkles of salt and using cotton balls as clouds....of course Mietta likes to make a big salty & cloud puff hill whereas Oscar took more of a landscape approach with his outback potrait.

I'm sure my kids take after their artist BABA aka Grandmother currently in Serbia


Lunch
Left over vegetable stir fry (moulded from the plastic container in the fridge)






Afternoon snack
Avocado, hummus and sweet potato dip with eggs and vegetables




Dinner
GF bolognese zucchini pasta


For my readers that have celiac or are gluten intolerant, this is a fabulous substitute. I tend to eat a lot more of this as it's much lighter in my belly (I can eat wheat however do notice my tummy bloating when I have too much pasta).
While my bolognese bubbles away I also make a batch of meatballs to save on a few emergency night dinners

Julienne zucchini and soak in hot boiling salty water, drain and then serve with bolognese sauce



I hope everyone has had a beautiful Friday, we were on the go all day. I have all 3 kids at home on Fridays (Oscar's Kinda day off!) and then we pick up Noah at 3.30pm. Noah wanted me to take him window shopping, to check out Skylanders??? It's on his birthday list, he turns 7 next month. Baby Zali is turning 1 as well so I will be one busy Mama!!! Invites are printed and mailed, so that's one check done!

Now we are planning to collapse in front of the tv with all the kids as a special Friday night treat to watch the football. My hubby barracks for Essendon and is trying to convert all the kids to the red and black side.....I just like black and white!


****UPDATE**** Dessert

love of my life just had a found! Cadbury's new celebrations block of chocolate!!!! I buckled and have had 3 squares!!! Loving the pop and crackling texture with the jelly bits!!! Yummo! Seeeeeeee, again!!! Living dangerously!!!! ha!

Oh yes, I have our running group tomorrow morning. I will let you know whether that stitch rears it's ugly head. I plan on doing my FIRST ever FUN RUN here in Ballarat on the 21st October, so anyone interested in joining me, please let me know. Surely 3 months is enough to prepare for a 6km run, yes or no?

Until then XxDani



6 comments :

  1. Hello love!
    Where did you get you whiz bang julienne device?
    Would love to get one so that I could give this recipe a go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think maybe Le Kitchen here in town but I'm sure any shops that have kitchen stuff would have one, for sure. It's pretty neat huh? Even the kids tonight asked if they could have the green spaghetti next time :-))) ha ha

      Just another "make over" recipe xx Dani

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, I had one of those julienne things but do you think I could get it to work!! Will see if I've still got it and give it a go as that zucchini pasta looks great! I also do a similar thing with a vegetable peeler a bit thicker but still works.
    Also, you should have no trouble training for a 6km run in 3 months! You are committed so it will be a breeze! Vic x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you wonderful Vicky. I do hope I condition my body as I just finished my run and sad to say....that evil stitch was back again!!! It's really stopping me from running, ha! I won't let it defeat me. Next time I'll eat 1hr before my run as this time it was pretty much as I was heading out the door.

      It took me a while babe to work out the julienne gadget, I'm sure there were flesh shavings in my zucchini pasta ;)))) the aim is to peel away from you and I stand the zucchini up in the plate.

      Let me know how you go!!! XxDani

      Delete
  3. Good morning Dani! Those julienne zucchini pasta looks absolutely yummy and GF too. gotta try this next time mum makes pasta. All I see from the blog world is baked squash. I don't have the time nor can my family finish up the whole squash or half of it. Loved all your clean eating variations. Nice!
    Those side stitch will go away as you clock in more mileage.The body needs to be conditioned to accept this new challenge. Do you breathe from your mouth and nose at the same time? I know it sounds weird but you need to take in more air and nose breathing won't cut it. The side stitch will go away as you run and take in more air and deep breaths. I hope this makes sense. I 'trained' for my 12.5K in less than 3 months with sporadic training runs. The longest I ran was 6K. I also made sure my last meal was at least 2 hours before my run. If I am feeling hungry, I would take a few dates and nuts. You can do it Dani. In 3 months, you will be flying through your 6K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips Michelle, I will definitely try to use your breathing technique. I somehow exhale and my stomach muscles or core tends to just tense up and it's like it won't let me exhale unless I really stick out my belly (if that makes sense). I'm going to try and eat my apple puree as I do with my FYM workouts and also make sure I eat 1hr before the run. I hope I do over come this, as I'd really like to complete a fun run in my lifetime :-)))) thanks for stopping by xxDani

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani