Thursday 19 July 2012

A sugar treat and DATE NIGHT!!!!

Heeeelllllllooooo everybody!!!!! How are you all????? All fabulous here minus my sore throat but nothing some ibuprofen and anaesthetic throat lozenges can't fix!!

Had a great date night, it was fabulous holding hands with the love of my life. The movie not so much. I love Mark Wahlburg, don't get me wrong but this Ted movie just wasn't our cup of tea. Too over the top and language was pretty poor. Wait until it hits your DVD store. We had some laughs but it plateaued. Score out of 10......I gave it a 3.


No workout today ~ day of rest



Breakfast
Orange spiced porridge





Directions:
Cook porridge on stove top with your choice of milk, add cinnamon stick, cloves and extra cinnamon with a pinch of salt. Chop up oranges and cook until fluffy.

Morning snack
Yogurt with fruit

Lunch
Sweet potato, spinach, beans and meatballs purée (due to sore throat!!!!)






Sorry it's pretty gross but it was the only way I could get some food into me today!!!

Had a lovely afternoon with the beautiful Celeste and indulged in our very first sweet treat AKA salted caramel macaroon. We thought it would be a nice treat after our 2 weeks no sugar challenge. I did say I wouldn't do any sugar for the remainder of the 6 week FYM challenge but hey! I told you I like to live dangerously and love to break the rules from time to time ;))) ha ha





Oh yes, lovely Jayne joined us for a quick peppermint tea before her massage....I also made a purchase at a vintage shop across the road and bought this gorgeous little hounds tooth skirt for a bargain!!! What do you think? Great find Celeste ;-))))





Afternoon snack
Cheese and crackers (at hairdressers today for Noah's haircut)
Handful of nuts and banana







Dinner
Mini chicken and beef burgers with fries

Blue Illusion cocktail  ;-)

Short and sweet post tonight. Catch you tomorrow xxDani

8 comments :

  1. Hey its okay to indulge every now and then...I like to tell myself it keeps me from cheating WORSE hahahha Have a great day!
    xoxo
    Dani
    www.thatfitnesschic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true Dan, however I need to plan carefully around my indulgences as there is always something going on so I would be consuming these "indulgences" daily!!!! eg: coffee and cake catch ups, kids birthdays, adult birthdays, functions, date nights etc.....hope you're keeping on track xD

      Delete
  2. And it was delish! Could have so had another macaroon! I had a lovely afternoon with you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoyed that macaron! The only place I've tried them is in Melbourne (though we do have them in Qld, I just love eating in Melbs )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohhhh Liz, these are to die for. Even better than the Melbourne crew that do it!! Any time you need one boxed and delivered, yell out!!! XxDani

      Delete
  4. Hi Dani! Sorry that I have been away from "commenting" your blog for quite a while. Been so swarmed with work that I had no time in between to come up with a coherent reply on your blog. So things have been a leeetttle bit better today so I better spend some time with my favorite blog.

    Love the skirt! I love some pattern & colors on my skirts especially when my tops are mostly plain.
    I think I might have caught a bit of the sore throat that you have been having. Heh! Sipping on some throat soother tea while I surf.

    Just wanna say that "I have completed the sugar-less babe challenge!" ooohh.. I have lost an inch over my belly and that is saying something. I feel so much better without the added sugar & I think I will continue having lesser sugar every meal from now on. The challenge have me looking out for sugar-less food & recipes. I am more aware of my food choices. Totally loving the added challenge on top of the one we're having. Ok.. way too long of a 'comment' now. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so beautiful Michelle, I am so so appreciative of any comments you leave whenever you get a free moment. I know how time poor you can get running around managing your own life, so please no worries here.

      I am SUPER proud of you sugar babe! Good on you! I guess it's all just about awareness. That's my outlook now, not going over board like I used to and then wonder why I had the muffin top or didn't feel quite comfortable in certain outfits. All that is gone now with good clean eating choices and feeling a lot more confident and healthier for it!!!! Love you xx Dani

      PS: hope your throat improves ASAP! I'm sipping on tea as I type, taken both ibuprofen and a lozenger before bed!!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani