Monday 9 July 2012

Day 8 - no sugar

Heeeeey there! It's been a very looooong day.....just found 5 minutes to sit down and write you. I hope you are well x

Most of us here are okay, just the typical winter bug blues :(

No workout today ~ day of rest

Oh yes the kids did this for our 8th day of no sugar. Oscar wants you to know his man represents the figure 8, just in case you didn't see it ;-P


Breakfast
Fruit salad porridge with yogurt and chia seeds
latte



Morning snack
Corn thins with coconut and Vegemite
1/4 red capsicum AKA red bell pepper strips




Lunch
Chicken herb & rocket salad with red capsicum, hummus, carrot garnished with lemon rind




Afternoon snack
Vanilla protein smoothie with milk
Coconut popcorn with the kids *watched Panda 2
1/2 cup strawberries




Dinner
Pork schnitzel with corn and beans with flaked almonds


As a special treat from time to time, I fry schnitzels or rather when I'm running out of time, like tonight! I have started oven baking a lot of things since my clean eating journey but also because I can just leave it in the oven and continue playing with the kids, workout, do some house duties or write a quick entry here ;-)


I used to dust my chicken, fish or in this case pork with flour before the egg mixture. Now, I just pat the meat or fish dry with a paper towel AND I ALWAYS WASH my meat/fish. My Mother taught me to do this. More on that on another post. I then crack a couple of eggs, a dollop of yogurt and whisk the mixture. Dip and roll into fresh breadcrumbs (you can use whatever you have) and make sure you season your meat and a little in the egg mixture and breadcrumbs. Then heat the olive oil and watch these babes turn into golden crunchy delights.

For my green beans, I quickly steam them (I had them over the corn whilst it was cooking) and then ice them to keep their vibrance and crunch. Toss them in some olive and sesame seed oil, toast some almonds and mix them all together with a squeeze of lemon juice before serving. It's a pretty tasting dish.

Dessert
1 cup of fruit salad (fresh bananas, strawbs & kiwi fruit) with yogurt and walnuts

I hope you had a wonderful day and I look forward to reading your comments in general and for those participating the 2 week no sugar challenge, let me know how you're day was.

Goodnight until we meet again XxDani


6 comments :

  1. Hellooo there Dani! You're feeling better I hope. sugaless babe here have not been eating more than the allowable amount since Saturday.Yay!! I can do it. Just need to be concious of my food. I can do it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking in my darling....yes you can do it and we will do it!!! Can't believe we're at the half way mark with the STC and Day 8 is over for me and I'm on Day 9, this has been the easier sugar challenge EVER!! Goes to show mind over matter! Thank you so much for coming by. Have a sensational day xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dani, Hope the family pick up soon, we were all sick on and of for 1 1/2 months, it's frustrating however our immunity to all things "bug" should be right up there now. I have been doing the sugar challenge for 8 day's now, I hadn't planned on doing it but was influenced to cut out my tsp of raw sugar twice a day and found it surprisingly easy. So then it just continued, the only thing I've not omitted from my diet is Soy milk (for my coffee) which contains raw sugar (so I guess I'm doing the sugerless babe) I've been writing a little about it in my blog. The best thing to come out of this for me is my fruit intake has gone from one piece a day to four! Biggest achievement is that cravings for my nightly sweet have gone after lots of determination! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's been a terrible winter Jodie. Everyone I know with kids has had some sort of runny nose and cough. I know it's winter but seriously, enough already!!! I'm soooo glad to hear about your extra produce intake!! That is so good, especially you doing the sugar-less babe challenge with us thus far. Keep it up! I am actually thinking of continuing this way daily and allow for special occasions to indulge on the sugar side. I'm finding it pretty easy as well. I guess it help by not buying the kids anything sweet as usually I'll have a BLT!!! Bite, Lick or Taste ;) Enjoy the rest of the holidays and come again soon xx

      Delete
  4. Hey Dani, thanks for the inspiring blog. I'm so glad I read it. I actually ate so much chocolate yesterday it caused me to have heart burn and insomnia! And because I couldn't sleep I missed my morning work out.Lesson learned! Glad I'm only writing a fashion blog!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WELCOME HOME my darling friend, I hope you had a sensational time in the U.S of A!!! I am so glad you find this inspiring, not only am I doing this for myself but for beautiful people like you, so I thank you from the bottom of my heart <3 See you soon xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani