Sunday 29 July 2012

6 Week Transformation Challenge pictures

Woo hoo! I did it. Set some goals and achieved them. Man it feels good. I used to always take short cuts or quit and never really stick to things, hence me getting a wee excited about this!




The Fit Yummy Mummy transformation challenge has finally come to an end and I am pumped that I achieved the following goals:




1. Be consistent and workout 4 times per week


I am so pumped that I made a conscious effort to workout regardless of my situation let it be tired, couldn't be bothered or whatever excuses I typically can come up with Wink 


2. Eat clean 90% of the time


This was amazing and really the main driver of my success, I couldn't have done it without it. Meal planner is paramount and journalling your food shows you exactly what is going in your body.


3. Do a 2 week no sugar challenge (at least 1 week) Cool 


YAY!!! I did this and had such a great support network YOU. This is so doable and has become easier each and every time. Highly recommend it! If my 6,4,2 and 11 month old can do it, SO CAN YOU!!! They were my rock, I can't believe they wanted to participate in this challenge with me and stuck to it 100%!!!!


4. Support and connect with my FYM buddies and various social networks


My readers, FB fans, friends, family and FYM ladies really stood by me and gave me the motivation to keep going each and every day. I thank YOU ALL from the bottom of my heart.


5. Tone and strengthen my muscles


I successfully gained some muscle definition and strength (maybe not in my push ups!). My next challenge will be to increase my weights and build lean and strong muscles.


6. Lose the fluffy look 


This is still a work in progress, it's improved however I am aiming for that firm, toned look regardless of what light you're in  Tongue out

My stats:

Height: 178cm (5'10")
Weight: 65kgs ~ 144lbs 64KGS ~ 141lb 
Waist (belly button): 80cm~31" 77CM ~ 30"
Hips (pubic bone) : 98cm~38" 92CM ~ 36"
Muffin top: 88cm~34.5" 84CM ~ 33"
Body Fat: 22% 17%







13CM's ~ 5.11" LOST & REDUCED MY BODY FAT BY 5 %!!!!


I'm really happy with my results as I managed to stay true to myself, journal everyday and my food was my main driver along with my workouts. It is possible to get leaner and tone with regular exercise and proper food. I did not want to lose any weight even though I did drop 1kg however hope to gain more muscle mass moving forward.



This was me in September 2011, 2 months post baby no.4 approx. weighing 77gks AKA 170lbs. I typically gained over 30kgs ~ 70lbs in my other 3 pregnancies. This was my first (and last pregnancy) putting on half the weight 18kgs ~ 40lbs.






What changed?


I started to eat clean and exercise up until my pelvis instability disfunction kicked in at 32 weeks.  



A big thank you to you all, thanks for following me and reading my posts. You can get your body back after having a baby. I hope my blog has shown you it is possible, even after 11 months of having baby Zali. 


****Stay tuned*****


My next goal is to define my muscles and kinda get a six pack happening, this is a work in progress.....

A view from a hip lift tummy crunch *****6 pack COMING SOON*****
I hope you do come back again as I am pumped to be sharing this with you all. Can't you tell how PUMPED I AM????



Please leave me your comments and thoughts on the past 6 weeks and my blog in general.....XxDani


20 comments :

  1. yeah you did amazingly! Definitely admire you, you tummy looks fantastic, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! You didn't just "meet" your goals; you EXCEEDED them! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU TEL, you've been here since day dot and I am really appreciative of ALL your support xD

      Delete
    2. Have I really? It's funny then because I found your website while researching blogs about successful weight loss and healthy eating habits. I hadn't noticed that you just started -- I figured you've been blogging for a while.

      Delete
    3. Yep!! Just started in June hence one of my posts saying happy 1 month blog bday ;))))

      Delete
  3. Good job babe! I'm hearing you on the six pack front. Maybe we can do it together??
    Very proud of you and you looked totally awesome in your pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much!!! Yes let's do an abs challenge and ask our readers to join in perhaps? :-)))

      Delete
  4. I think you look firm and toned already! Great work Dani. And thanks for your encouragement xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Maria, we are never happy with our bodies no matter what stage we're at :-) nah! kidding!!! I love my body, it's just the unknown for me now. I have NEVER had my body at this level and just want to see if more body fat loss will expose my muscles that little bit more. Or rather strengthening my muscles to resurface and become defined when I don't flex ;-P now I'm just becoming a body builder freak aye? xxDani

      Delete
  5. Looking great Dani! Well done!!!

    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jess! A bit of posing going on but I had a great time taking pics with my girlfriend. My body has never been this in shape my whole life. How true they say that 40 is the new 30! Xx

      Delete
  6. Well done! You look amazing! And that no sugar challenge!! Woot!! Awesome work, Dani ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grace, I am most proud of our kids that completed a 2 week sugar free challenge OVER THE SCHOOL HOLIDAYS too which is such an amazing achievement! XxDani

      Delete
  7. You look awesome Dani!!! You truly are an inspiration to us all thats for sure. Good luck with your abs challenge...If I can do have you've done I'll be happy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kelly, YOU WILL once you're finished having baby no. 3 :-)))))

      Delete
  8. cool and amazingg...accomplishing any challenge is the best feeling in the whole wide world...am trying hard to release some pounds...but in vain....ur story inspired me....will sure go for that no sugar week now..let me see.. :D...

    thnx for sharing and inspiring...

    PRAJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Praj. I hope you come again and participate in other challenges with us including the no sugar again. Possibly we could do 7 days only to get you started? Let me know xxDani

      Delete
  9. Part of starting a fitness challenge is having doubts whether you will be able to commit well. It is normal. However, what will get you through this is the determination to get fit and healthy. I am glad that you have finished the challenge, and let me tell you that YOU really LOOK GREAT! Feels fulfilling, doesn’t it, to have finally done it? Don’t stop now, do maintenance exercises next.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love your blog.. Pleasant colors & theme.
    Did you make this site yourself? Please reply back as I'm looking to create my own personal blog and want to learn where you got this from or exactly what the theme is called. Cheers!

    my homepage: graduate certificate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani