Wednesday 20 June 2012

Pre and post baby no. 2 photos PLUS a photo shoot!!!!

Okay so these are my before and after pictures after having my second son Oscar....now I know you all think I look so good and trust me I am thankful for my height too which distributes my excess baggage equally everywhere but as I said in my previous post I have the same body fat % as someone that is 5' it's just that they are more compact than me and look a little more overweight than I do.

March 2009 weighing just over 80kgs AKA 180lbs


So I got into shape after 15 months and began my Fit Yummy Mummy journey.

I then became pregnant with my 3rd baby Mietta when I did this surprise photoshoot for my husband (6 weeks pregnant). And no peeps I am not a model just have a friend called Phil with great hair and make up skills, lighting and a fabulous camera. However I must admit, I kinda did pull it off aye? ;-)



February 2010 total of 25kgs AKA 60lbs LOST!!!!

So there you have it my friends, a journey that I hope never to repeat. Having said that I wouldn't be in the shape I am today if I didn't go down that path. I have learnt a pretty basic rule YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT! So when I used to look down at my muffin top I would wonder "How do I get rid of you?" and then I turn beside me and see an entire block of Cadbury's hazelnut chocolate and a packet of potato chips devoured minutes ago.....that was the old me. This is the new me now and don't get me wrong I do indulge in those things from time to time but I burn it off quick smart so they don't stick around!

Tell me your food struggles, what food types can you not live without?

XxDani

14 comments :

  1. For me it's chocs, wheat and dairy.....don't know how to give it up esp wheat as its a staple in my diet and dani u shd take the credit....camera and make up cant help u much if u ur self are not tht fit....love the pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look phenomenal!!! And it's so true! Diet is more important than working out but it's harder too! What workouts did/do you do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shannon, I only work out 90 minutes per week. So either 15mins per day x6 days or 30 mins x 3 days. I do body, core & weight strength movements eg squats, lunges, planks, DB press etc... and cardio training eg: running for 60 secs and walking for 30 secs and I either do that 10 or 12 times.

      I think consistency is the key, if you can 't find 15 minutes in your day to move your body well you need to assess your priorities. Health now comes first for me!

      Dani xx

      Delete
  3. How did you get rid of the Baby BELLY??!!!! Not only is mine gross and saggy, but it is covered with Stretch marks!! HELP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty simple and I know you will be stunned it only takes me 90 minutes per week to workout and I now eat 80-90% clean! So glad I'm not busting my chops at the gym like some of my other girlfriends eg: spin classes 45mins.

    I'll be posting my pre and post belly shots to give some hope to those that think they can't get rid of their muffin top or post baby belly...pls come again soon xx Dani

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!

    The new font is hard to read! Please go back to old font :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Done! Let me know if this is better, or is it too big and in your face now? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blog is looking great Dani!!! Loving the new photos Celeste helped you with. I love this post. Great inspiration. I am currently the top photo....you are really inspiring me to be the next! I like your style of being healthy. Its hard to find the time to work out at the gym (its hard enough just to catch up for coffee!) I would LOVE to talk about your style next time....see if you can give me some pointers.

    I'm with ritsababy, chocs and wheat are my downfall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to help out babe and look forward to our catch ups again very soon. Yes wheat is every where however if we try to substitute it wherever we can eg: almond meal then it's a start.

      Do remember we do need to indulge from time to time so I plan these on a weekly basis particularly over the weekend if I know I am going to a party and there are plenty of sweets there :) have a great weekend xxx

      Delete
  8. I found your blog through the Weight Loss Stories site. It's inspiring, to say the least, to hear from someone who has lost about a third of their body weight.

    While I always like to see people's before and after photos, especially when someone has lost a tremendous amount of weight, I will say that you didn't look bad in your before photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much Jough, I kinda am fortunate as my height tends to spread out the fat. It still is excess fat that my body doesn't really need so I am glad I was able to shred it.

    Funny how I still fell in the same trap after baby no.3 http://fitnessfoodandstyle.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/transformation-after-baby-number-3.html but I did get better the 4th time around http://fitnessfoodandstyle.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/pre-and-post-body-after-baby-no4.html

    I hope you are enjoying my clean eating and fitness blog xx Dani

    ReplyDelete
  10. My spouse and I stumbled over here different website and thought I
    should check things out. I like what I see so now
    i am following you. Look forward to exploring your web page for a second time.


    Feel free to visit my site :: laser stretch mark removal

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani