Monday 10 March 2014

5 minutes with The Healthy Chef - Teresa Cutter

Today is a special treat for me. One of my favourite aspects of blogging is having the ability to introduce people of great significance through this sensational medium. I was over the moon when my fave chef Teresa Cutter agreed to come join us here on Fitness Food And Style. For those of you that have been following me since I began this blog 18 months ago, you know how much I love this woman. Everything she stands for, her style of cooking, healthy and fitness approach to life and just her general ethos.


Teresa Cutter - The Healthy Chef (image source liahalsall.com

Teresa has just recently launched her Natural Immune Support which is jam packed with vitamin C + D with antioxidants to help regulate immune function. Just in time for our cooler months coming up to aid in the combat of any colds and flu's. I can't wait to try the perfect natural anti-inflammatory which is a great way to start your day in any of your smoothies or just a glass of water. I love the fact it has no added synthetic supplements, just good wholesome foods. 

Our special guest Teresa Cutter has been kind enough to chat to us about her Fitness, Food And Style values;

1. What fitness activity do you schedule into your daily routine to keep healthy?

I love to walk every morning – that’s one thing I can’t live without.  It’s part of my everyday ritual that I can do anywhere and it allows me to relax and de-stress.  I meditate whilst I walk my 10 k and I feel amazing afterwards.  I feel happy and energized.  I also love my cycling…it’s something I try to do a few times a week and I love to get out to Centennial park or Akuna Bay in the Northern Beaches of Sydney on weekends.


2. Describe your dream meal - what could we expect to find on your plate?

Give me greens and more greens….I love them.  So a simple bowl of pan roasted broccoli sautéed with chilli and mint and topped with Meredith Goats feta or a lovely bowl of sautéed Kale topped with freshly made basil and spinach pesto scented with a hint of roasted pine nut or walnut.

3. Who’s your go to style icon - who have you always admired for their style, and why?

Style…geeze that’s a hard question as my day to day clothing apparel consists of gym gear.  I love anything classic and timeless.  My wardrobe is pretty much black to keep it simple…I think celebs like Ricky Martin have style and sophistication and I’m in love with anything Burberry – well made and timeless. 

 4. What’s a childhood habit or mannerism that has followed you into adulthood?


The childhood habits that I’ve bought into adulthood are my great Aunt’s cooking style and her recipes that we used to make when I was a little girl.  She’s the woman who inspired me and the love of cooking awesome, fresh, simple food.  I’ve actually just finished making a batch of her Polish sauerkraut that I love to enjoy with salads or as a side to other meals. Another childhood habit is my cycling – I used to ride my bike with my Great Aunt and Uncle when I was a young girl – then I took up bike racing as a teeneger – now I just ride for fun and fitness….it makes me feel like flying  - it makes me feel awesome !  Now I’m on a role I have one more thing….roller skating – we are seriously thinking of starting up our own Healthy Chef Roller Derby Team….I think it will be lots of fun !

5. Name three things you can’t leave the house without and why?

My water bottle – Because I drink a lot of water and can get dehydrated quickly…I feel uneasy if I’ve left the house without it.

My key’s  - Because I know that I can get back into my home if there is no one there and it’s my security blanket.

My Wallet – Because you never know when you may want to buy something.  I often buys things on the spur of the moment when it inspires me.  It could be a fabulous looking seasonal fruit of vegetable – so I love to design a recipe around it…or it could be an awesome Jersey that’s perfect with my gym gear. !

THE HEALTHY CHEF GIVEAWAY COMING SOON



Ensure you subscribe to my blog and look out for Teresa's Wellness Pack give way exclusive to my Fitness Food And Style readers.  

Teresa's favourite recipes!

CHOCOLATE PROTEIN POWER BALLS

These protein packed power balls are a great source of complete protein that contain all the essential amino acids needed for repair and for a healthy immune system, also a good source of vitamin E and minerals from the almonds and fresh dates.

The  cinnamon adds a lovely flavour and also helps stablilze blood sugar levels.  If you can’t have nuts, I would grind up some lovely sunflower, pumpkin and linseeds then throw them in the mix in place of the almonds.  I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.

Chocolate Protein Balls - The Healthy Chef


Ingredients
330 g raw whole almonds or walnuts

60g  Healthy Chef Pure Native WPI or Organic Pea Protein
16 fresh dates, pitted

2 tablespoons cocoa powder

1 tablespoon natural vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon ground  cinnamon

coconut, goji berry, cacao, nuts for rolling

Method
Throw almonds into the food processor with cinnamon, protein powder and cocoa then process until the mix looks crumbly.

Add dates, vanilla extract then process again until the mix starts to come together.

Add a splash of water if you need to so that mixture is soft and forms a soft ball.

Form into 14 decent sized balls.

Roll in coconut or any other  of my suggested coatings and store in the fridge until you feel like a snack or quick meal on the run.
Store in the fridge for upto 4 weeks if they last that long.



MY PERFECT KALE SALAD

What I love about this salad is that it keeps really well for days in the fridge so it’s the perfect meal to pack into a lunchbox. I often make double batches for this purpose and sometimes alter the dressing ingredients and boosters to vary taste and texture.

Kale Salad - The Healthy Chef


Why it’s so great:
Kale is rich in vitamins A, C and K and folic acid, as well as calcium, potassium, copper and iron. These nutrients are necessary for healthy bones, skin and eyes. Pomegranate is high in antioxidants, especially C that can help support your immune system, also high in fibre for healthy digestion.

Pumpkin seeds are high in minerals including magnesium, manganese, copper, iron and zinc.  Zinc is responsible for a healthy immune function by helping with the growth and development of white blood cells. Pumpkin seeds are also high in the amino acid tryptophan that helps to make serotonin – the FEEL GOOD hormone  responsible for feelings of wellbeing.


Ingredients
500 g fresh kale (approx 2 large bunches or 17  1/2 oz))

1 cloves raw garlic, smashed

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

1/4 teaspoon sea salt

1 lemon

2 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil or flaxseed oil

1 teaspoon honey or your choice of sweetener.

4 spring onions, finely sliced

1 bunch mint, chopped

1 bunch parsley, chopped

2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds

1 pomegranate
2 tablespoons goji berries or cranberries

1 cup micro greens

Serves 4


Method
Remove tough stems from the kale leaves and wash well.

Shred finely and place into a large bowl.
Combine garlic, pepper, salt, lemon juice, olive oil and honey into a small bowl or cup.

Mix the dressing ingredients well then pour over the shredded kale leaves.

Combine the dressing with the kale until mixed through.

Add some love and start to massage the leaves gently for about 2 – 3  minutes.   The leaves will slowly start to soften and wilt, relaxing the kale so so that the leaves become wonderfully tender.

Add the spring onion, parsley, mint, pumpkin seed, pomegranate, goji berry and micro greens.

Toss through gently and taste to adjust any flavours if necessary or add any other boosters.
Divide 
between serving bowls and enjoy or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.

Thanks again Teresa for sharing your favourite recipes and letting us get to know you better. I look forward to having you on Fitness Food And Style again very soon.

Who's your favourite chef?

Much love & friendship,
xxDani

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani