Tuesday 3 December 2013

Fitness Transformation Tuesday with Nadia

It's Transformation Tuesday once again and it gives me great pleasure to introduce this beautiful lady. Nadia has been on various diets and fitness fads but no more! She now has goals and found her motivation to live a healthy and fit lifestyle.

Below Nadia shares her story.




  • I'm 29 years old! My 30th birthday is coming up quickly on November 9 when I'll also be making my fitness competition debut at the WBFF New England Fitness and Fashion Show in Providence, RI. My journey has been a long one. Since about 12 years old I started gaining weight steadily. I attempted to lose weight many times with crazy diets and fitness fads. It wasn't until late 2011 though did I really figure it out and stick to a healthy fit lifestyle. I met my now husband and wanted to be the best partner for him and I knew my health and lack of motivation would keep me from doing that. I started with home DVDs by the Biggest Loser cast. Then in spring 2012 I started Chalene Johnson's 90 day Turbofire program. I lost approximately 30 lbs doing that and eventually became a Beachbodu coach myself. I got a gym membership and started lifting weights. I used bodybuilding.com free plans and did a couple of those. At the beginning of 2013 I decided I wanted to compete. I was going to wait til 2014 but when I saw there was a show on my 30th birthday I took it as a sign to just do it now! In July of 2013 I started working with my coach WBFF Figure Pro Tabitha Sierra and she has helped me get to where I am now. To date I've lost 80 lbs. At my heaviest I was 205 and I'm 125 now.
  • As a child I grew up eating Caribbean food as my parents are both Haitian. Rice and beans, fried chicken and pork, stewed beef, fried plaintains etc. I haven't eaten any o that in months and even when I wasn't on competition prep I cut back on those foods! They're delicious but not very nutritious. Now I eat lean proteins like baked chicken, turkey, fish and egg whites. I eat whole grains like brown rice, oatmeal, quinoa and sweet potatoes. I also eat lots and lots of greens with every meal!
  • I run road races very month and play basketball occasionally with my husband. I love watching sports though! My favorite it American football but I also enjoy soccer, basketball, and baseball.
  • My biggest passion right now is health and fitness! I love the feeling I get after a workout. I do enjoy other things though like cooking, shopping (I shop way too much) spending time with family and friends and watching tv!
  • I say meeting my husband even though he loved me for who I was and never asked me to change. I knew that I was wasting away my life by being so unhealthy and having no goals or motivation so it was more of a change for myself so I could accomplish something in my life and now I've found my calling and passion!
  • In the next year I'll be competing in the WBFF and hopefully getting my pro card at some point. I also plan on becoming a certified personal trainer and nutritionist so I can pay it forward and help others get healthy! I'd also like to grow my brand and business and start to work full time in the fitness industry. And overall just continue to grow into the strong, successful, confident woman I strive to be!
  • Be patient! It took a while to pack on the pounds an you're not going to lose it overnight. Just stay dedicated and consistent and you'll see results with time. It took me 2 years to lose 80 lbs. Also don't try to change everything all at once. I suggest small changes that end up to big results. If you drink 3 sodas a day try to cut back by one for a few weeks, then down to one a day and eventually no soda. There are healthy alternatives to every treat out there!


Happy 30th Birthday Nadia for last month, I bet you are happy to start your 30's looking in tip top shape. For those that wish to follow Nadia she has the following social media sites;

@tough_as_nads on Instagram and Twitter
http://www.facebook.com/NadiaExama on Facebook

Happy Tuesday everyone! I look forward to showing you next weeks transformation.

Much love and friendship,
xxDani


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani