Friday 6 December 2013

Favourite Five this Friday - December 06

Hello at the end of another week. Hasn't this one gone too quickly also?

It's the first week of summer and I can't believe we are having crazy winter temperatures here in Ballarat, VIC. This morning it's only 5 degrees - a far cry from the glorious tropical weather I experienced on Hamilton Island recently and posted about yesterday.

Of course my Hamilton Island triathlon experience now seems like a lifetime ago, so back to reality and here's a rundown of the five top moments of my Fitness, Food and Style week.

1. I've done it! Last Friday I left you with me preparing for the Adelaide RTCC. This was my third ride and the final RTCC event for 2013. What an experience it was! Nothing better than catching up with great friends and that's what the Vision Crusaders team has become through this amazing adventure.


2. Of course afterwards it was great to get back home to the family, a bit exhausted but for a great cause, and launch straight into the next FFS challenge. Squats for Christmas! Are you in? Check out the details and join now, it's never too late :)


3.  After pushing my body to the limits with the 200km Adelaide ride, I reminded myself of the need to listen to your body. Rest when your body asks you to, because recovery time is important. Rest allows for a rebuilding of energy ready for the next big adventure and challenge. I posted this on Instagram ... did you see it and take notice?



4. I love filling the kids lunch boxes with nutritious snacks and this morning threw together a batch of these delicious banana, almond and coconut muffins. I know that these will get devoured at morning tea! Recipe coming here to the blog in the FOOD category later today if you'd like to get into some healthy weekend baking ;)


5. Finally, I've had the excitement of giving away a fantastic pair of the Asics Gel-Kayano trainers this week, thanks to the great team at The Athletes Foot. Last night I announced the winner and huge congratulations go to Geordie for the following great running tip: "To stay motivated run outdoors in different terrains and different distances. I love exploring the outdoors while running, it keeps it interesting." Happy running Geordie and thanks to all who entered :)


Well, that wraps another busy week around here. How about you? What have you been up to this past few days, would love to hear in the comments.

Have a great one and see you back here for another round up next Friday!

love and friendship
xxDani

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani