Tuesday 18 June 2013

Weight loss story - Transformation Tuesday with Samantha Lengren

Let me introduce you to Samantha Lengren. She is young, beautiful, vibrant and totally passionate about her new and healthy lifestyle. Mind you she says she was not excessively over weight, however she simply didn't feel healthy.




1. How old are you and please can you share your health and fitness journey to date? I am 25 years old. I began a lifestyle change in April 2012. I wasn’t hugely overweight to begin with, but I just felt so unhealthy. I had tummy troubles and was diagnosed with reflux. I tried to out-exercise my bad diet with cardio, but I’ve since learnt that it doesn’t work that way. I now nourish my body with fresh, whole foods and live actively with lots of different workouts.

2. What types of foods did you used to eat as a kid and young adult? What's changed since then? I grew up with my Mum and Dad giving great examples and feeding us lovely, fresh food. When I left home at 18, that’s when my diet changed. I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. Chocolate, cookie dough – you name it!
I now eat clean 99% of the time and enjoy fresh food.

3. Do you play any sports or what sports do you like watching? I love netball! I played for years but have now swapped netball for weights. On the TV I like to watch netball and The State of Origin.

4. What are your interests, passion and what makes you smile? I love my fiancĂ© (I am very excited about getting married in September!), my little dog, Alfie, interior design and decorating, inspiring others on my Instagram and shopping. Living a healthy and active life is a big passion of mine.  I love my early morning walks and weights with my trainer (@nickmillerpt) Seeing the kindness in others makes me smile. Old people holding hands also makes me smile.

5. What was the catalyst that sparked your lifestyle change? Being diagnosed with reflux and being on lots of pills made me want to change. I felt sluggish, sick and uncomfortable all the time.

6. What are some of your dreams/goals you hope to achieve over the next 12 months? I would love to have a job in the fitness industry and continue on my journey of inspiring others.

7. What tips would you like to share with my readers about your transformation? Progress is perfection! I don’t really have a goal body or goal weight or number. I am enjoying every part of this process.

If you would like to follow Sam, she has an amazing page on www.instagram.com/the_healthy_me

1stAvailable.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani