Tuesday 9 April 2013

Weight loss story Transformation Tuesday - Helené

This transformation will blow your mind!!! Seriously! 

For those that are finding it difficult out there or feeling like they have plataued, this interview will make you realise ANYTHING is possible!!!!

Let me introduce the beautiful and wonderful Helené Mikanovic from the most romantic countries in the world, France. I have been following her on Instagram since early this year and all I can say is WOW! Truly one amazing girl and she has such a wonderful story to share!


Weight loss story 51kgs AKA 112lbs already LOST!!!! 

How old are you and please can you share your health and fitness journey to date?

I'm 25years old, I'm not really in a particular dietthe "basics" were given to me by a doctor in February 2012, and since. I eat healthy, I workout every day, trying to listen to my body and it works very well :)

What types of foods did you used to eat as a kid and young adult? What's changed since then? 


When I was a kid, I was like all the other children. I like to eat sweets, chocolate, chips, ice cream, cakes, Mcdonalds etc... all these things that are not healthyQuick things to eat. I don't take the time to discover the flavors, my mother had some vegetables I immediately said "no, I don't like it!" while I had ever tasted.
I learned to eat things I never eat before, some vegetables, for example, I learned to appreciate the real flavor and not things filled with chemical things.
Take the time to discover, take the time to try several times. It changed my way of eating, my way of life.

Do you play any sports or what sports do you like watching?
When I was young my weight was “normal”, I praticed sport (fencing), high level sport, I did sport for most of 12 years. I was departemental champion (I have pics if you are interested!) I was a sportswoman, I did bike and swimming. I was a young active child. Then one day I had a fight with my teacher. I think it was at this time (15yo) that I start gain weight.
Now I begin to love the sport again. I don't do sports at a high level because my highest weight was 396lbs (180kgs) and at this weight, you can imagine the difficulty playing sports!
Now, I do stepper, walking, squats, cycling and swimming. Gradually!

But on TV :) I love watching tennis

What are your interests, passion and what makes you smile?
I'm passionate about many things. I love the simple things in life. I like to walk in the forest, in the countryside. I love beautiful scenery, watching the sea, I love taking pictures. I like to capture every moment of my life.before my weight loss and even now.
I'm a very simple girla hello, a smile, a little attention makes me smile :) I'm not complicated, I love peopleI love life, I love the simplicity.
I like to share my experience on instagramI smile when I get nice comments, I smile when I get advice, I smile when I see the progress of my friends on instagramI love people who are fighting for their lives. I smile when I see people post nasty comments because I think they make me move forward in life.

What was the catalyst that sparked your lifestyle change?
When I was young, my parents took me see some doctors for my weight, I also went into center for obese children. 3 times for long months… I lose weight but after, I always became more fat. I know all methods “balanced” diet, as I was eating everything but in small quantities by removing cakes etc. I lost 2,2lbs (1kg) per month. I’m not saying it is not good but when weighed 319lbs (145kgs) at 24 yo height 1.69cm, it is urgent to lose weight for health reasons.
So I decided to make an appointment with a nutritionist (january2012). I was happy to go to my appointment … and then..........I went, I came out crying.
Why? Because I was unmotivated, saying that it was difficult to lose weight and in my case surgery would be best (sleeve, bypass etc …). For me it was out of the question that I do make. I was motivated and I was losing weight so why have surgery???
I’ve never been to see her again.
One word in my head: SUCCESSFULto become what I am!
NO! I can do it, I want to get therethis doctor was so mean to me, I was just looking for help!
It was THE thing.


What are some of your dreams/goals you hope to achieve over the next 12 months?

I don't have a goal for the next 12 months. My real goal is to have a healthy life. forever.

What tips would you like to share with my readers about your transformation?

I'm not a doctor, I'm not a professional. I just want to say that everything is possible, you should never give up. Don't let anyone discourage you, surround yourself with good people. Let anyone try to take the wrong wayeven onceBad habits are so easy to pick upI just want to tell you, no matter where you startnothing is impossible. yes it takes time, but believe me it is the best gift that you can do in life.
My journey is not over, I continue every day to share with you, I know how hard it isthere is no miracle but the miracle is really changing. become what you are.


NB: Helené has replied back to these questions via email and apologised for her English but I think she did an amazing job and I did not edit one word. I would be terrible at French! 

Thank you so much for sharing your amazing journey with us all Helené. I look forward to catching up with you later on in the year to see your progress. For those that wish to follow Helené, please do so on her Facebook and Instagram pages. 

Tell me what are some things that stop your healthy lifestyle?

♥ Dani 

8 comments :

  1. Dear Helene - you are a LEGEND!! Love this, Dani. Can't wait to whip myself into shape and this story is a true motivator! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I want to share everyone's journey. ANYTHING is possible when YOU decide to make the CHANGE!!! I am here for you x x Dani

      Delete
  2. Amazing story I'm glad you kept trying cause if it was me I would of probobly give up. you such an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is why I posted this. To give hope to all out there on the same journey. Thanks for stopping by xx Dani

      Delete
  3. Hi,

    I can’t seem to find your email and have a quick question about your blog. Could you email me?

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do. Otherwise it's under my ABOUT ME dani@fitnessfoodandstyle.com.au xxDani

      Delete
  4. WoW! Amazing! Respect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing. Really motivating. This girl is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani