Sunday 17 March 2013

Digital Parents Sydney conference ~ who's excited?

Hi there, just a quick post to let you know that I am all packed and ready to rock and roll for my week in Sydney this week. The actual Digital Parents conference is on Wednesday and Thursday however I will be there from Tuesday until Friday. It's the first time EVER I will be away from my family for this long and overnight!

So my Gala outfit is all sorted. Less is best so I have gone for a dark navy peplum style dress by Cue Designs. My electric blue suede shoes ~ accessories to match (tear drop earrings and a massive ring with a stone I could really knock someones block off!) followed by some neon orange finger and toe nails with a matching clutch.

What is peplum you ask? Peplum is a term describing an overskirt - typically a short, flared strip of fabric, that is usually attached to the waist of a fitted jacket, blouse or dress.

From the Paris runways to high-street fashion, the peplum trend has since seen a steady following.

I am hoping to rock the perfect peplum look these fine ladies are......


Picture source Fashion Mate



Phew! Travel wear for both Tuesday and Friday are all sorted as well.  I like to be comfortable when sitting on a plane and waiting around. For the actual conference Wed-Thurs I have packed some comfy rockstar Mama pieces ranging from coloured denim, singlets, sandals, denim jacket (it gets cold in aircon rooms) various bangles or arm candy as they are called now and just loads of enthusiasm!!!!

I can't wait to meet some new people and put names to faces. Even though some of you I have either already met or seen your pic on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. I'm very excited. Especially meeting my blogging pal and room mate Shari from Family Survial Coach and the beautiful Grace from With Some Grace and many many more!!!! Most of all can't wait to learn more about this new digital world. I love it! I love the fact that I'm connected with you all across the globe! It's absolutely amazing!

This is where the conference will be held. Pretty cool huh?

Curzon Hall 



When do you pack before your trip (last minute like I typically do!) and do you travel light or pack for weather changes and emergencies? I have managed to piece all my 4 looks (3 zip locked bags complete with accessories) so I am dressed in a flash! It must be a mother thing although I do remember when I used to go out clubbing, I'd be ready to go within half an hour when I got a call from a friend!

Okay, best I get an early night and see you back here for Transformation Tuesday!!!

Xx Dani

10 comments :

  1. You're going to rock it alright! Have an blast hon. I'm sure you will have so much fun meeting new friends, and learning lots. I look forward to hearing how it goes (wish I was going) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks beba!!! We'll have to go to the next one!!! x x x Dani

      Delete
  2. Woooooooflippin'hooooooo! You are so organised, I'm halfway there. Lucky being my roomie, you'll have a couple of days to whip me into shape. Can't wait to see you soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait my friend, I had to be organised only because today I have business cards to write and posts to schedule while we're away. So it's fun times ahead and learning lots especially from you!!! See you soon x x x Dani

      Delete
  3. Have an awesome time Dani. I went to the Melbourne one last year and it was fabulous. Look forward to hearing all the news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caz, any one else you know that I can meet while I am up there? Thanks and look forward to our very long over due catch up xxDani

      Delete
  4. curzon hall is lovely! where are you staying? will you have a chance to get into the city? the train line from over there is pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're staying at The Stamford and yes spending the day in Sydney on Tuesday and Friday. Conference is all day Tuesday and Wednesday and looking forward to the Galla ball on the Thursday night xxDani

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. You too! You were so wonderful and kept it so real on the panel. XxDani

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani