Monday 4 February 2013

Day 4 - no added sugar challenge

Hello my beautiful friends, how are you?

Me? A little pressed for time tonight, so I will need to make this post real short and sweet. I also need to find MORE time and get stuck into Sarah Wilson I QUIT SUGAR ebook and get the nutritional table and food comparisons to you PRONTO!!! For those that cannot wait, I urge you to grab yourself a copy here (or click on the right hand side picture) so it can assist you with your sugar cravings.


What can you do to avoid eating sugar foods? Plan your meals. This is key! Even if it's for 2 days in advance. For an example;

Take your piece of fruit and walnuts when you go out.... to a play date, friends catch up, shopping WHEREVER?? You know what you are putting in your mouth rather than the muffins they will be serving or those nice smelling donuts you can smell in shopping centres!!! You are in control remember, if you want this you will pack your food and prep your meals.


Exercise today

Did my resistance training today and man I ALWAYS get a complete body workout. I love the fact that it only takes me 15 minutes to workout in the comfort of our own home while I can still play with the girls. Had a refreshing dip in the pool afterwards with a cool down stretches.



Style update

I get such a buzz when I can still look like the Gwen Stefani's of the world without paying the same price tag! Today I snapped up 3 pairs of jeans for $30! Back in the days I would've spent $250 on a PAIR of jeans alone!!! But no! Not today! They are such a lovely pastel colour, just the right summer denim to slip my legs into! Either go to your local Factorie store or simple buy online www.factorie.com.au and snap this bargain!


Coloured denim in lemon,  iceberg and baby pink 


YAY NO SUGAR TODAY!!!


Breakfast
Waffles with ricotta and blueberries

Blueberry waffles


Same as my crepes mix, I either blend oats into fine flour or wholemeal AKA wheat, add some eggs, vanilla beans and buttermilk. Typically I make the mixture that little bit more thicker. This was a lot quicker for our breaky this morning using the waffle machine and we ate them with ricotta and fresh blueberries. Then flew to school drop off!!!!



Snack
Yogurt with fresh raspberries



Lunch 
Vegetable frittata 

Snack
Fruit smoothie with 2 serves of fruit

Dinner
Vegetable and beef stir fry



Again a super quick meal for me when I'm short on time and swimming in the pool all afternoon with the kids!!! 

Method:
1). Heat olive oil in wok and add chopped onions and crushed garlic
2). Add beef strip and cook through
3). Add your choice of vegetables (frozen is fine) and preferred sauce and dinner is done!


We served ours with brown rice tonight. 

How is everyone coping without sugar. I have done this before so I am doing okay. As long as the stuff isn't in the house, I'm good. However I won't lie as I type this, I could easily open up a block of chocolate and smash it!! 

I won't though, we are doing this together. If I can't, YOU CAN'T!!! We can do this!!! See you tomorrow. 
Xx Dani


10 comments :

  1. Think I'm getting used to no added sugar! Was at a conference today and all they had to eat was mini scones with cream and jam but I resisted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so strong!!! Back in the day I used to smash those! Having said that I still can!!! You go girl! You can do this. WE CAN DO THIS!!! XxDani

      Delete
  2. I'll be honest - today has been one of those days I've just want to take a cookie from the work cookie jar or walk across and buy a sweet to get me through my afternoon at work. But I haven't. And I figure I can reward myself with a cookie when I finish the 14 days. Didn't think it would be this challenging. But I feel great so it's worth it. Thanks Dani :)

    Hannah
    @harperjames_

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome Hannah! Yes, I completely know where you are coming from. As long as you have other things to distract you from the sweet stuff then you are half way there. It's always easy to give in so I am super proud of you for not going to that cookie jar or shop for a sugar fix. WE CAN BEAT THIS WHITE DEVIL. See you tomorrow xx Dani

      Delete
  3. Chandre Van De Merwe5 February 2013 at 16:09

    The Challenge has been alittle hard, not going to lie... being that i am at school from about 9am to about 8pm i feel like my energy in my battery is completely drained at about 5pm. I have been packing pre made meals and trying to force down black coffee with no sugar every morning LOL. (thats the most challenging part of my day) but i feel good just been having "in between meals" cravings and every time i walk past a Starbucks i look the other ways :p. What would you suggest for snacks for the day between meals? i used to have my yogurt but when i read it had sugar i stopped having that but i have purchased greek yogurt and ill put fruit in it. Not sure what else to pack besides fruits and veggies...

    THANKS
    -Chandre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried cheese? I typically have some laughing cow cheese or a handful of nuts to get me going until my next main meal. Otherwise I have hard boiled eggs, dips and crackers to keep me going as well. You are doing super great my friend, see you tomorrow and high five for sticking to this xx Dani

      Delete
  4. Started the day with boxing boot camp breakfast home made organic granola greek yougurt and bluberries and strawberries. Snack nectarine and handfull of walnuts and almonds. Lunch salad sandwich. Dinner not so naughty nachos with lentil mix and advocado coriander and tomato salsa and natural yougurt on top. Kids love this one. Dani I made your crumble with my organic apples yummo hit the spot and the kids loved it. have downloaded the sarah Wilson book just waiting for it to process. Feeling a bit light headed today and headache. Panadol water and coffee fixed this. Overall pumped to keep this up. Cheers Mel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great stuff Mel, yes the toxins are playing funny buggers with me also. It's all about time, it will get easier and you sound like you are on the track! Touch base tomorrow to let me know how you are going. Much love Dani

      Delete
  5. NIce Dude,

    Thanks for sharing these healthy tips.

    Personal Trainer in London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by and you are most welcome. Sending you plenty of sunshine from Australia xxDani

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani