Thursday 20 September 2012

My Mum is back from Serbia!!! Woo hoo!!!

Hello everyone, how are you? We are all really well and keeping busy these school holidays. Noah finishes up tomorrow so we have a full 2 weeks of kids activities which I'll keep you posted with. Many catch ups and day trips along with the arrival of my Mother from Serbia, which the kids and I are really excited about. 

How quick 3 months have gone.... I really did miss my Mother, Mira. For those of you that don't know who my Mum is, this photo was taken when I just announced I was pregnant with baby no. 4 Zali "Mirjana" which my Mum was stoked about that we named her after her!

My Mum Mirjana and I Dec 2010



Workout
Day of rest however I did go out for that run I mentioned last night, so early to bed for an early to rise run which was great fun!!! 


I did a bit of a cross country running course this morning which was very challenging, I don't typically run big hills but this morning I had a limited window to run (only ran 4.6kms AKA 2.9mi) so I thought it may as well be a challenging course. Mind you majority of the hills I had to stop and walk it a bit but better than me laying in bed thinking about running, I just did it!!!


I'm looking forward to the practise run for Run Ballarat this Saturday morning and in my mind I'm thinking of trying out the complete 12kms (7.45mi) circuit. See how I go....



Breakfast
Pineapple quinoa with milk

I added the milk after I took this photo




Morning snack
Natural greek yogurt with strawberries, sunflower, pumpkin and chia seeds



Lunch
Chickpea curry on 2 toasted (wholegrain) sandwiches with tomatoes





We went to meet with a girlfriend (impromptu) at our local park for lunch so I quickly packed this for our kids...

1. Chicken and parmesan on white rye bread
2. Laughing cow cheese
3. Apple and cinnamon with freshly squeezed lemon juice
3. Strawberries
4. Muesli bars
5. Fruit and vegetable puree's for baby Zali



Spent the late afternoon with Celeste and her gorgeous kids so when we got home I had to whip up a super quick dish.

Afternoon snack
Dip with vegetables and crackers



Celeste made a similar dish the other night and gave me her BIG bright idea!!! Meatball sausages!! Meaning, squeeze out the meat in small pieces and throw away the skin!!! I purposely bought gourmet red bell pepper and onion sausages (not a fan of the plain butchers sausages) so this dish was just that little bit tastier with the spiced up sausages!!!

Dinner
Meatball sausages and vegetable pasta

NB: I served mine on a bed of spinach while the rest of our family had wholemeal pasta 

Ingredients
1x packet of gourmet sausages
3 tomatoes or punnet of cherry tomatoes
2 mushrooms
bag of spinach
1 capsicum finely sliced
1 lemon
1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
1 tbs yogurt or low reduced sour cream
S&P
olive oil
wholemeal pasta (optional)




Method

1. Cut ends off sausage and gently squeeze small amounts of meat and gently fry in olive oil. Add any spices and herbs at this time, I used a Moroccan based spice with cumin and coriander.



2. Add sliced capsicums, spinach, chopped mushrooms and tomatoes
3. While pasta is cooking, use pasta water as part of your sauce and squeeze entire lemon followed by all the drained pasta





4. Add a tablespoon of yogurt (or fat reduced sour cream) to make a lovely cream based sauce
5. Taste and add S&P if required, garnish with parsley and parmesan cheese


Here's me cooking in the kitchen with our kids!!!





Mietta pulling her famous wink smile for the camera, while Zali (mini me) poses for the camera!




It's always busy in our kitchen with one or all of our 4 kids in the kitchen, I love it! I hope one day they enjoy cooking in the kitchen as much as I do!!!

Goodnight my friends and I look forward to meeting with you all again tomorrow.

Xx Dani

12 comments :

  1. Whoooshhh... I could hear u run through the path. 12k is doable. Really!! Try it. Just keep your pace.
    Your mum is pretty at her age. Happy for you guys that she is back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey, I will do the 12km even if I have to walk some of it but fingers crossed I can keep my running pace. Thanks for all your support my beautiful friend xxDani

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful running track

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it makes it more pleasurable when running in nature xD

      Delete
  3. Glad you enjoyed the sausage pasta! We loved it too! We didn't add cream..I like that..I might give that a go next time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a complete hit and on my emergency dinner list for when unexpected guests arrive. Super tasty and so quick! XxD

      Delete
  4. I would LOVE to have you as a running buddy! That track looks beautiful!
    And thanks for the meatball sausages idea. I was watching a Jamie Oliver DVD where he did the same thing! Will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty slow Grace but have been told it doesn't matter how slow you run, as long as you don't stop running!!!

      Yes I was stoked when my girlfriend told me she made her sausages the night before like that, I'm doing that next time I am short for time and for emergency dinners!

      Let me know how you go! XxDani

      Delete
  5. Oh! And that photo of you and your mum? Just beautiful, hon!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe, my Mother has beautiful skin for someone who's in her 60's! xx

      Delete
  6. Your mamma is beautiful Danni, lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie!!! When are we catching up? Maybe a catch up at Celeste's over the school holidays? XxD

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani