Saturday 8 September 2012

It's the weekend!!! I like to party!!

I love these songs!!!! It gets me pumped for the weekend and everything seems so great!!!!





How's your weekend going? What gets you excited?  Music is one thing that really gets me going.....





DAY OF REST how good!!! :-) no exercise until tomorrow.....and another practise run.

Breakfast
Multigrain flakes with banana, sprinkled chia seeds and fresh coconut



Morning snack
Natural greek yogurt with walnuts, orange & raspberry topping



Lunch
Chicken salad on the go!



Drizzle some olive oil and squeeze a lemon over some left over roasted chicken, brocollini, carrots, spinach, red onions and feta and you have one awesome jam packed protein and produce meal with all the vitamins and minerals your body needs!

Afternoon snack
Chocolate PURE protein drink with coconut water and 1/2 a banana

PURE = INGREDIENTS completely free of all fillers, thickeners, sugars & preservatives


I took this photo up close just to show you, all the natural ingredients. I received my protein trial pack during the week and I am super impressed with the all natural ingredients. You see it immediately as you scoop and sprinkle!!!  Hence the close up. It's amazing!!! You can taste and feel every ingredient in your mouth and you know what? I have most of these ingredients in my pantry! So watch this space as I continue to experiment with this protein powder and share with you all very soon.


Dinner
Chicken soup (left overs) with feta polenta bread

This is Zali's serve and it was so nice dipped into the chicken soup!!!! 

Ingredients
1 cup polenta (corn flour)
1 cup wholemeal flour
1/2tsp Baking powder
100g or more of feta cheese
2 eggs
1 cup Milk/yogurt ie: buttermilk
Salt
1/3 cup Olive oil


Method
Mix wet ingredients with dry. It's really that simple!







This is one of my most favourite breads my Baba used to make in Serbia. Of course my Mum now makes it and here I am doing the same! I am mixing it up a little though and adding my 2 cents into it (the feta, yogurt) and next time I'm adding olives, herbs, sundried tomatoes etc....laying it flat and making them into slices.







It smelt sooooo good whilst baking!!!!



OUR KIDS SMASHED half of it!!! It was so crunchy on the outside and fluffy yet crumbly in the middle. The boys have requested this in their lunch boxes this week, so that's great!!!
It worked really well with the chicken soup tonight but I used to remember eating it with kiselo mleko which is buttermilk, so these days a dollop of yogurt with this would be highly recommended!!! YUM!!!

Thanks so much for reading and I look forward to meeting you again tomorrow.

Xx Dani

6 comments :

  1. I'M THRILLED TO HEAR MORE ABOUT YOUR PROTEIN DRINK AND YOUR BREAD RECIPE TOO!!!!

    HAVE A GREAT DAY OF REST AND ENJOY THE WEEKEND.

    MIGHT I ADD THAT I LOVE MUSIC...I GET ALL JACKED UP ON IT, ALMOST A HIGH ON SOME MUCIC. SO I GET YOU ON THE MUSIC THING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will update the polenta recipe as soon as I do it next time. I'm really hopeless like that Nicole, I operate like my Mum and Grandmother where they didn't measure anything while they cooked. That's how I learnt! Yes the protein powder is very exciting stuff, it's an Australian company so I'm not sure if they can ship overseas momentarily.

      Hope you had a fab weekend! Xd

      Delete
  2. I've recently discovered your blog, it's fantastic. You have such a great energy, you've inspired me to take control and cook more healthy for me and my family.
    I'd love to know the receipe for the polenta bread. I bought a packet of polenta ages ago and tried making a batch and it turned out terrible, but your bread looks delicious. - Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Louise, I'll get onto the polenta recipe measurements ASAP and link under my food tab. I hope you come again soon XxDani

      Delete
    2. looking sooooo frward to the polenta bread. saw it the day you posted it and i cant wait to try it out myself once you post the recipe.... i just found your page and i am lov.., lov..., loving it. jana xxx

      Delete
    3. I'll endeavour to make it this week Jana and post ASAP as the boys really loved it in their lunch boxes this week with yogurt. I'll make sure to make a mention when I link it under my food tab xxD

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani