Monday 3 September 2012

Fit Yummy Mummy 10 week challenge begins today and ab challenge ends on Wednesday!!

Wooooo hoooo!!! Our Fit Yummy Mummy challenge starts today and I'm so pumped!!! Why do I get excited? Because I get to connect with like minded women who are wanting to transform their post baby bodies, change their lifestyle and I am able to support them and vice versa as we are all on the same journey to a healthy and happy life!

I do tend to get impatient before these FYM challenges start hence me doing the ab challenge/Tighter Tummy in 12 days (and repeating it twice! overlapping the FYM challenge). I only did this to keep me motivated and of course allow you to join me as well.

So anyone wanting to join me please click here for your exclusive 50% off the FYM ebook AND you will also receive a free 30 day trial at Clubfym. This is only available through my blog.

I will be following the TOTAL BODY Transformation Kit (TK) workouts as outlined on my Fitness tab. For those that are new to my blog, you will see my before and after baby transformation pictures. I highly recommend this workout system as it's jam packed with DVD's and information on how to succeed with supportive nutrition, motivation, exercising guidelines, staying on track and much much more!!!

Workout (strength training 15 minutes)
TK Advanced Super Sets Workout A ~ Weeks 1-4 (equipment required....a mat and 2 dumbbells)

I got a bit off balance with the reverse lunge to kick but jeepers that challenges you and you can instantly feel a butt lift!

Cardio (running x 3 week)
I have opted out of interval training over this 10 week challenge as this will double up with the fun run "training" I am doing for my 6km run late October. There is no reason to overtrain as I was advised by my coach :-) Holly Rigsby at Fit Yummy Mummy. Thanks Holly for clarifying.

I am trying to fit in 3 runs per week, approximately 15 minutes (3kms) and I'll try to make the Saturday running group when I can, which will push me to do the 6km run.

Fathers Day

We had such a lovely day yesterday. Adrian got very spoilt for Fathers Day with a very long sleep in. They're rare these days with 4 kids under 7 so it was the best gift he could ever ask for :-)

Mietta, Mum, proud Dad, Zali, Noah and Oscar


Breakfast
Fathers Day "no sugar" crepes


Remember the apple strawberry crumble I made on Saturday night? Well I made a big batch of the crumble topping which I purposely knew would go hand in hand with these crepes. The sweetness of the dates and the nutty walnut flavour simply caramelised in the warm crepes, my gosh my mouth is watering again!!! I served them with ricotta cheese!!!! YUM!

Ingredients
*500g Wholemeal flour
*250ml buttermilk
*3 eggs
*1tsp vanilla essence
*1/2 lemon rind
*pinch of salt

*pls note these are approx. as I am time poor for measurements and just pour and mix as I go along and add accordingly. I promise as soon as I don't have 4 kids in the kitchen with me, I will update my measurements. Thank you for your patience at this time.

Method
Blitz all these luscious ingredients together and brush your frying pan with some olive oil and pour the batter and cook until golden.

Other "sugar free" toppings we use are honey and lemon, apricot (no cane sugar, it has apple concentrate) jam, coconut butter with cinnamon and maple syrup

Morning snack
Fruit smoothie

Lunch (Fathers Day)
Scallops with chorizo with cauliflower puree with rocket


Beef mixed salad (today)



This was my left over lunch creation from bbq meat, boiled egg, beetroot, celery, avocado, red onion, roasted almonds, spinach, seeded mustard and olives. A light drizzle of olive oil and red wine vinegar. Enjoyed this meal out on the deck with the beautiful sunshine today and was daydreaming I was at an alfresco restaurant! :-))) ha ha

Afternoon snack
Mini tuna avocado's with spinach and carrot salad



Dinner
Home made Mediterranean & Hawaiian pizza's



Ingredients for pizza herb base

*500g Wholemeal flour
*2 1/2 tsp baking powder
*splash of olive oil
*1 1/2 cups of warm water
*S&P
*1 tsp oregano

*pls note these are approx. as I am time poor for measurements and just pour and mix as I go along and add accordingly. I promise as soon as I don't have 4 kids in the kitchen with me, I will update my measurements. Thank you for your patience at this time.

Method
Blitz all these in a food processor until the dough forms, roll out into preferred shapes.
Turn on grill.
Gently spray frying pan, place dough and spread tomato paste, cheese and other toppings of your choice. Once base is cooked, 2-3 minutes. Then place the pizza under the griller until toppings are cooked. Refer to my other pizza steps here.

Have a sensational start to this week and I look forward to our ab challenge feedback from all those that are participating!!!


Xx Dani

2 comments :

  1. Hey Dani,
    You are going to see great results these next 10 weeks!!!

    *Love the family picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe, I will really try my hardest as it's the unknown for me. I haven't seen my body like this ever in the 38 years I've lived in it ;-)))))

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani