Wednesday 25 July 2012

My push up video for a laugh :-)

Hello everyone, I hope this post finds you well. We had a great day today. I hope you get a bit of a laugh with my x2 push up attempts. Yes, embarrassingly enough I have a very weak upper body. Go figure??? I will persevere and vlog another push up attempt.

Breakfast
Porridge pear with cinnamon




Morning snack
Cottage cheese and fruit parfait
latte


I placed a tablespoon of cottage cheese, then 4 slices of kiwi fruit, sprinkled some granola AKA toasted muesli followed by some more cottage cheese, chopped fruit and sprinkled some walnuts. Super easy and very fun to do with Mietta.

We toasted our home made muesli under the griller for approx. 5 minutes for added crunch!
Here's the birds eye view.....


Oh yes my new favourite cinnamon flavoured latte!!! Yummo!!!

Latte (full cream) with sprinkle of cinnamon



Mietta and I also managed to do some painting this morning, here she is with her little master piece!




We went over to Celeste's house for a play and of course to get my footage on my 2 push up goal for this week. So drum roll please.........don't hold your breath, I didn't achieve my goal. So I'll post my next vlog doing them in a row without collapsing on my knees!!! Any tips out there, I'd love to hear from you!!!!!



She also took some fitness shots which I'll share in some later posts as well. Man! I take my hat off to all those blue steel models out there, it's a tough gig posing in front of a camera.


Lunch
Salmon salad on the go


If there is something I have learned with this clean eating, it's preparation!!! Of course if I haven't got time and heading straight out the door of course I will order take away but typically try a healthy version these days. I can't remember the last time I had a Drive Thru cheese burger from McDonalds or Hungry Jacks AKA Burger King. Although we do call that our extreme emergency food when we are travelling late and our far road trips eg: 2hrs and we don't get home on time to cook, eat dinner before lights out!

Afternoon snack
Handful of almonds and x1 banana
3 sugar free cookies


Dinner
15min super quick vegetable and beef lasagne


As you know I made a huge batch of bolognese sauce last week and I manage to put carrots and zucchini in the mix. I also thought I'd add more veggies to this meal by grilling the eggplant and using it as one of the layers. The mushrooms I quickly sauteed and added in the mince mixture.



Frozen bolognese sauce, eggplant, parmesan cheese, mountain "corn" bread wraps, ricotta & mushrooms
For a super quick dinner, I used the Mountain Bread Oats as my lasagne sheets. I don't feel too bloated in my belly, even though they still have some wheat in there (so it's not 100% GF) however a good option when you don't want to have a real heavy meal. My pasta sauce as you know from last week was one of my freezer batches. It typically includes other vegetables grated like carrot and zucchini but I bumped up a bit more veggies in the lasagne dish this evening with grilled eggplants and sauteed mushrooms.


Another quick béchamel sauce I do is ricotta (entire 375g tub) with an egg and parmesan cheese. I also sprinkle some nutmeg. I slice the eggplant length ways as its quicker for grilling purposes, then squeeze lemon juice over them. Then lightly spray my casserole dish, layer the mountain bread, eggplant, bolognese sauce, white sauce and then repeat the process. It literally takes 10-15mins on 200C degrees as everything is pretty much cooked except for the egg in the ricotta.

I hope you all had a great day and please let me know if I am over loading you with pictures, as I tend to document my life with my Iphone daily!!! As you may be aware, I am a very visual kinda girl.

Okay, it's date night tonight so we're watching Super 8 and I think I'll indulge in one of those chocolate banana with vanilla protein smoothies :-))) for dessert.

Over and out xx Dani

11 comments :

  1. You go girl! By next week you will be pumping out 5! Now you are not doin them like a navy seal - with your hands under your chest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay! Done done, I'm spreading them wide like an eagle and I will sore my girlfriend. 5 it is next time we catch up so you can tape it again. Thanks for your help today xx

      Delete
  2. What a great idea for the lasagne, and with the mountain bread! I would never have thought to make bechamel that way. Normally I just leave it out, or make a small amount and put it over the top layer of pasta, sprinkled with grated cheese. Your push up is hilaaaaaarious! Here's my 2c which you can feel free to ignore ;) I think your arms are too far out in front. Try putting them right under your shoulders and bend your elbows at a 45 degree angle. You can do it!!!! (Heck if I can do them anyone can... and I usually start strong but drop to girlie ones after a few full push ups). xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will try to keep my arms closer under my shoulders. Although my girlfriend Celeste does them wide apart rather than our "military" style right under our shoulders. Thanks for the tip and I will continue to practise.

      Yes the mountain bread is good, they have heaps of good recipe ideas on the pack and on their website. It can be a little mushy though as they are paper wafer thin, so make sure you use a thick sauce otherwise it will be all mushy. xxD

      Delete
    2. I think wide apart is ok. But not out in front? Does that make sense?
      Get Jac to show you good postition on Sat morn? She tells me my form is perfect..

      Delete
  3. I think you have your arms out a little too wide. You need them back at 45 degree angle. Make sure your hands are below your shoulders and push with your chest! Build up your stength do them from your knees if you have to just to get the form correct first before moving to your feet. It took me awhile to build my upper body stength to do them but now I can manage about 30 in good form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheri, I will keep improving my form and as you said stay on my knees and gradually work towards the proper ones. Thanks for your feedback xD

      Delete
  4. Yep, hands too far forward. They should be under your shoulders. Oh, and don't go quite so slow....the faster you go, the easier they are

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I need to just go hard and not slow motion. Thanks for the tips Liz. XxD

      Delete
  5. Or do them on a bench or raised place where you can do them with good form before getting lower.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, yes that is always my option. So perhaps I just continue those to build upper chest and arm strength and then see how gravity works when I'm in proper push up position xxD

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani