Wednesday 11 July 2012

Day 10 - no sugar

I'm giving everyone a.........




SUPER effort to those still sticking with me, it means the world to me....XX

This is getting quite addictive, I love fitting in a spare second to come and update my blog and of course have you wonderful folks join me here as well. I am truly grateful, seriously I love your company!!! Actually doing something that I LOVE doing and sharing it with like minded people.....

This is the best gig EVER!! Why didn't I do it earlier? Oh yeah, I was too scared or rather didn't think I could really be sharing anything that exciting that people don't already know.


No workout today ~ day of rest however I do have heaps of washing to do, house work and just general paperwork to file as CEO of the Stevens house hold. I should've joined the circus, I'd be the best clown juggling act!!!! 

Breakfast
Fruit porridge with strawberries 



Morning snack
Blueberry and apple muffin
My sweetheart latte. The closest heart design I have ever done! You like?



Lunch
Tuna pasta (heat olive oil, add onions, sauté until golden, add any spices I typically do paprika, cumin or curry) then add canned tomatoes, simmer for 5 minutes, add canned tuna and basil.



Afternoon snack
Strawberry smoothie



Dinner
BBQ flat head fish with roasted sweet and potato vegetables (sorry this presentation looks hideous!) it sure tasted better than it looks...



How is everyone going with their no sugar DAY 10!!! Can you believe it? Any other temptations or cravings other than at night? That's when the sugar demons come out, you did not know this? :-)))

I have been picking on more nuts and yogurt myself as I too find myself chasing something sweet. Adrian AKA "love of my life" sometimes has a milo while we watch tv so when he's opening the pantry door for "something nice" (as he puts it) the MILO tin has vanished and he hums;

"Hmmmm, there's nothing in here babe". I say;

"Yeah I know honey, it's all boxed up for the challenge remember?"

Like he didn't know the poor thing. He's not a huge fan of fruit so I really don't know where he's getting his sugar fix from? He is thanking me though for not just eating for the sake of eating when it is our down time on the couch watching the box!

I admire him so much for supporting me. The kids too are going fabulous although having said that, as I type they are with my SIL for a play and let's hope they don't raid her cookie jar!!! Oh well, the kids will want sugar when they want it and if they decide not to have it then I have accomplished what I am trying to teach them. A healthier way of living. Everything in moderation too. I am still learning so I am no expert on this no sugar thing. Is it all or nothing? Or are there shades of grey??? Which reminds me.....anyone reading 50 shades of grey? Let me know your thoughts.

Wishing you the best day EVER!!!! XxDani

8 comments :

  1. That´s a lovely update :) We´re still hanging in there! I Miss my dark chocolate at nights but if that´s all there is, I´m quite proud of myself :)

    I love finding all new recipes containing dates or chick peas as substitutes in biscuits etc. The kids love it too and don´t really notice anything different!!!!

    I´m so glad I´m participating in this challenge :)

    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Jess, keep it up girl! The next phase will be sticking to no sugar methodology eg: check the labels for the added sugar and of course you will also be able to plan for indulgences instead of our emotions ruling our food choices. It's all a journey to a better way of living.

      I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!! xx Dani

      Delete
  2. Dani, you are doing so well! Congrats! Our family did a sugar free september last year, even the kids! I'll be rolling out the same thing again this year too. I'll be raiding your blog for some more sugar free recipes and ideas too!
    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vic, it's good to keep the little ones aware of all the sugary stuff that surrounds them. Our kids went to my SIL house this afternoon and she offered them a Big M, my eldest son Noah said "no thank you we're participating in a sugar free challenge with Mum". I nearly died!!! I completely forgot to tell her. I am so grateful for Noah and being such a great example and being so strong willed. Mind you I'm talking to you about a 6yo here!!! I am blown away!!! This has truly been a life changing experience (I know it doesn't seem like a big deal quitting sugar) but I am so grateful and so proud of my kids that are so young embracing this new way of living. Thanks so much for coming past xxDani

      Delete
  3. My 3 year old son tried those date/almond protein balls today. He ate about half of it, which was WAY more than I expected! And my hubby has had a couple (hmmm, maybe 5 or 6) today! SO surprised! :-D
    Thinking about getting 50 shades - hubby's all for that too LOL!
    Love your blog Dani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watch those protein balls babe!!! Need to keep them in moderation as well. Hmmmm....I wonder why the 50 shades of grey is such a hot topic lately :-)))) esp with the hubbies??? Thanks so much for being a part of my journey and so glad we connected xxDani

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE THE PICTURE OF THE LATTE! How cool is that? What kind of milk do you use for your latte, if you don't mind me asking? Dang, that looks REALLY good right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole Larson has left a new comment on your post "Day 10 - no sugar ":

    LOVE LOVE LOVE THE PICTURE OF THE LATTE! How cool is that? What kind of milk do you use for your latte, if you don't mind me asking? Dang, that looks REALLY good right about now!

    So sorry Nic, it's such a shame that your comment gets deleted and thankfully once I get through all my inbox stuff, I find your notification in there. Now to answer the above question. We have full cream in our house (only cos I'm still breastfeeding, otherwise Adrian and I have skim milk) I can't believe I didn't have a coffee today, no headache which typically signals I haven't had one for the day!!! This reply is soooo late, it's the 20th July and you posted it 13th July!!!! Hope we can rectify it somehow??? Let me know if I can reach you on FB or email? XxDani

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani