Tuesday 12 June 2012

Yummy turkey burgers



Hi there, 

No workout for me today, allowing my body to rest however I don't really rest with all the glorious domestic goddess duties I have throughout my day. I am on my feet all day so I don't feel guilty sitting on my bottom and not moving.

Here are my meals for today;

Breakfast
Vanilla, pear and cinnamon porridge. Sprinkled with walnuts

I cook this on the stove top and if I don't have fresh pears, I open up a can of tinned pears and add the entire contents and it's luscious sweet juices (please note I try to avoid any products with "added sugar" whenever possible) and add enough milk so this turns into a fluffy cloud. I then sprinkle the walnuts and this breaky fills my belly and I am ready to rock and roll for the morning.

Morning snack
1 orange muffin
1 latte

As per my previous "oranges" post this was my inspiration for my morning tea catch up with a girlfriend. 

Lunch
Home made chicken soup with rice noodles



I typically make a weekly or fortnightly batch of chicken soup or as my sons like to refer to it Rainbow soup (this is when I add red, green and yellow capsicums, broccoli and beans right at the end of the cooking process. I will make sure I post my rainbow soup the next time I make it. In this case I had a frozen batch and after coming home from my girlfriends house, I needed something quick and placed it in a saucepan and defrosted this soup dejour!!!! 

Afternoon snack
Crackers with laughing cow cheese
1 raw carrot

Dinner
Turkey burgers with veggie puree



I basically add the following ingredients depending on the weight of the mince;

eggs
fresh bread crumbs soaked in milk
shredded carrots
grated onion
clove of garlic
add various spices eg curry, cumin, tarragon
salt & pepper

For my puree (only because I find this easy to feed our 10 month old baby girl Zali) I boil all my veggies, in this case cauliflower, carrot and broccoli, use some of the water and add some milk and blitz it! I save the veggie stock for other meals.

Hope these meals sound and look delicious to you, too bad there is no "smell this" button as these were a real hit tonight!

Good night all, I'll catch you tomorrow Xx Dani

3 comments :

  1. Ha! I had frozen homemade chicken soup for lunch after you left too! A slice of burgen bread toasted though - no noodles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving all of your posts on what you've been eating. So much inspiration! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    I have just found your blog , love it ! what is the qtys you use for your turkey burgers and where do you find turkey mince ?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani