Tuesday 19 June 2012

Tropicana time!!! Morning smoothie & workout time

Everyone is home sick today, no kinda, no school and no work! Yes you heard right, this never EVER happens....it's called man flu and my darling husband is out of action and laying in bed trying to get better.

In the meantime I thought I'd mix up our morning snack and make a little tropical theme. The kids loved it!!! We were imagining ourselves under neath palm trees, listening to the waves and feeling the sand between our toes.....for those not in Australia, it's the complete opposite. It's a wet and wintery day, although the sun is shining so that gave me the inspiration of our snack this morning.

I blitzed the below ingredients bananas, strawbs, linseed, chia seeds, sprinkle of cinnamon, yogurt with splashes of milk


And the kids shouted with excitement when I presented them with their smoothies....loving their comments as well "Oh Mama, this is de-jour!" "Soooo delicious Mum!" "Can we have these everyday Mum?"


It's also DAY 2 of my 6 week transformation challenge. I did my 60/30 x 12 cardio workout. Mixed it up this time with some heel kicks (approx. 130) and dancing around with the kids

My meals planned for today:

Breakfast


Morning snack
Fruit yogurt smoothie (see above)

Lunch
Tomato Bean salad



Had to take lunch out today so I opened up a can of cannelloni beans, corn kernels, chopped up some 
tomatoes added a green leaf salad, splashed some vinegar and added olive oil with S&P and whalla!!!



Afternoon snack
Handful of fruit & nut mix

Dinner
Meatballs served with chargrilled eggplant


The recipe I make is pretty much a mixture of all the meat ball recipes I have come across over the years and of course my Mums recipe "CHUFTE" in Serbian. I have linked a meatball recipes link for your reference but these are the ingredients I used tonight;



~ 2 slices of bread (crusts removed) cut into cubes and soaked in milk (apparently an old Italian trick I asked a chef one time dining out, that's how I roll. I always ask how meals are cooked when I go out!)
~ typically my family loves parmesan cheese & I place a cup of that however I had a pizza mix tonight with mozza, tasty & parma
~ any vegetables you have in the fridge, tonight I had carrots and celery which I minced with some garlic and onion
~ 1kg mince (I make a big batch so I have another freezer meal)
~ salt and pepper
~ lemon rind (don't ask me why, I just like it!)

I mixed this all together and made 24 balls (I use an ice cream scoop to ensure the same size and cooking process).

Dessert


Kids had 2 large dark chocolate teddy bear biscuits for a quick dessert treat and I had one too ;-)
I was also peckish around 9pm and had some more dried fruit & nut mix

BTW I drink up to 2 litres of water a day. Just in case you were wondering of course! See you shortly and thank YOU so much for stopping by xx Dani

9 comments :

  1. Your meal plan looks yummy and so do your smoothies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, it's amazing how a few ingredients can make something look so nice and yummy xxDani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your site! Love all the food and exercise posts. Coud you go into detail on the 60/30 cardio and also how do you eat all the high fat foods? I am on my journey to get lean and strong-so I have to limit my calories. The good for you foods that are high in fat are difficult to include and still stay within my calorie range. Thanks so much! Love your blog-I will definitely be a daily visitor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 60 seconds I jump on the spot with alternating each heel kicking the bottom of my butt! So imagine yourself running on the spot but raising your heels to touch your bottom. Then I rest for 30 seconds, play with the kids or march on the spot and then continue the 60 seconds of heels kicks, then march on the spot for 30 seconds. Repeat 12 times.
      Every body has a different calorie requirement. At this point in my life, I am still breastfeeding so I have approx. 2500 calories per day. I try to spread these out evenly between my 5-6 meals.
      So glad you have found me and I look forward to sharing my Fitness Food And Style journey with you xxDani

      Delete
    2. Ok-thanks. So are these 60/30 routines the only cardio you do? I would love to hear your strength routine as well. I have four children in 7 years so I am very busy as well. Would love to have exercises I can take with me wherever, we are at the beach now (in the US) and I am having trouble getting my good workout like I do at the gym back home.

      Delete
    3. Yes my cardio isn't any longer than 15 minutes MAX!!! I will alternate them to burpees, step ups, knee kicks so as you can see you can take this workout anywhere you go. Just your body weight will suffice. As far as my strength training is concerned, that too is based on exercises such as lunges, squats, DB press etc.... Hope this helps and you are enjoying the amazing Summer you guys are having in the States, its winter here in Australia and I'd so love to be where you are right about now ;-) where are you BTW? xxDani

      Delete
  4. Lots of working out helps even out the good fats!!! Hehehehe..
    Love the smoothies Dani!
    Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we need to balance our food & exercise accordingly. As long as the "treats" "sugary indulgences" "high good fats" etc...are kept to a minimum per week there is no reason why the fat would stick around. It's when we eat those types of food daily, that the fat sticks around!
      My peeps are slowly on the mend xxx

      Delete
  5. Just to let you know..Upon reading this post 5 min ago. I stood up pulled out some fruit and yog and made the kids gorgeous afternoon smoothies!
    Thanks love - you are awesome.. Keep up the great posts!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani