Thursday 28 June 2012

Chickpea burger with polenta & parmesan fries

Before I go sink my head into my soft pillow, here's my day in a nutshell.

Fitness

I did my 15 minute strength and 15 minutes interval training workout. I can't believe how intense these workouts are, awesome sweat glitter session :-) For those that want to follow the Fit Yummy Mummy Program I follow, simply click on this link and get all the tools that will get you back on track to a healthy and fit lifestyle for only $19. You save 50% discount by purchasing from my blog.

Breakfast
Pear with cinnamon porridge
latte

Pear porridge no added sugar


Morning snack
Cottage cheese with banana and cinnamon



Lunch
Wholemeal sunflower seeds cracker sandwich biscuits with cheese and tomatoes
latte (hubby came home for lunch so we had one together)

Afternoon snack
nuts and fruit mix (on my way to kinda & school pick up)
a piece of lamington cake from the kids
herbal tea (had a quick play date at a girlfriends place)

Dinner
Bean & chickpea wholemeal burger served with polenta & parmesan fries

Polenta and parmesan fries


All I did with the bean mix was place 2 cans (1 chickpea, the other cannelini white beans) chopped onions, tomato, capsicum, bacon and spices gently fried with olive oil. Added worcestershire sauce, a drizzle of maple and then added water until it became nice and thick.

The polenta you cook as per packet instructions, I load it with parmesan cheese and season it accordingly. Allow to cool and set. See above 3rd and 4th pic, I just sliced into thick fries. Then oven bake or if short for time which I was tonight, I just grilled them. My husband even loves these as he's not a real huge fan of polenta, even though it's been a pantry staple my whole life.

Bean burger with polenta and parmesan fries


Goodnight my beautiful people until we meet again!!! Thanks to all of you that have accepted my 2 week sugar free challenge. I AM PUMPED!!! xxDani

4 comments :

  1. Load up enough parmesan cheese and seasoning and they are dejour!!!! Adrian typically doesn't like anything I make with polenta so for him to eat these last night, they were a hit!!! Enjoy the sunshine my dear friend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very yummy your meals. Is there any way you can open the comments section where one can leave a name with link?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I get my head around all this blogging stuff ABSOLUTELY!!! In the meantime please feel free to add your name and link in your reply section. Thanks for coming by. I will drop in to see your page xx Dani

      PS: if you click on the Reply as perhaps click the Open ID I think you can add a website link there?

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani