Sunday 10 June 2012

Keeping fit

I'm a bit of a sucker for these motivational slogans.....but I am a visionary person and I do admit I love having a vision/goal board and thank goodness now for Pinterest aye?





I typically try and allocate 15 minutes a day to move my body and alternate with resistance and interval training. Today I managed to get some resistance training however if I skip a day I try to workout for 30 minutes the following day, both resistance and interval combined. I'll give you more details about my fitness regime on another post.

For those interested in my fitness regime please feel free to visit Fit Yummy Mummy as this was my secret to shedding my baby body fat!






I ate relatively clean today;

Breakfast

Scrambled eggs with spinach, feta and cherry tomatoes


Morning snack
1 apple
handful of almonds

Lunch
Tuna rice salad



Afternoon snack
Yogurt with fruit

Dinner
Bolognese sauce with penne and parmesan cheese

We had a visit from my sister in law and brother in law with their 3 boys this afternoon and for dinner I quickly cooked up a big batch of bolognese and introduced my nephews to a traditional Serbian dessert  called "semolina". This is simply boiled milk & water with semolina (I add vanilla essence, cinnamon and a touch of sugar. Sometimes rind a bit of lemon or throw in some frozen raspberries). Super quick dessert. They all thoroughly enjoyed it and said it was something they would make and eat again. I'm so glad ;-)

I then felt like something sweet tonight and healthy in my mouth, so I cut up some orange pieces and drizzled it with dark chocolate sauce ~ yes 70% cocoa is really good for you! Which satisfied my sweet "jaffa" sensation.



How about you? What are some healthy sweets you enjoy instead of typical processed ones?

2 comments :

  1. Hi Dani!

    I love reading about all this clean living stuff! Really into it myself at the moment too..

    Keep it up!
    Have a great quoye for you to when I see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Thanks Celeste. Look forward to our catch up xxD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani