Thursday 14 June 2012

I can't believe I did a workout!



For those people with young children you will know where I am coming from when I say, a wake up call at 2am to watch cartoons isn't pleasant. So for the next 2 hours I had my daughter Mietta staring at me as I layed beside her in her bed to keep her vibrant voice muted as our other 3 children lay sound asleep. Anyways to cut a long story short, I had a terrible nights sleep and I really didn't want to do a workout.

Until I realised that was the old me thinking! It is so easy NOT to do things, trust me I am the Queen Of Excuses so now I find ways on how I CAN DO IT!! So when NIKE asked me to come up their new slogan JUST DO IT!! Yeah yeah okay, that wasn't me but you know where I am coming from. If you don't do things yourself, they just don't get done. Don't expect a friend, a husband or a lover to get you out of bed and say C'mon, lets workout! Unless you are part of a bootcamp team and they come strip the sheets off your bed at 5am in order for you to show up!

Ok, I am now simply just rambling to fill in this post so I will end my attempt of a short story on "making excuses". I made a commitment to myself to achieve anything in life, I need to give it a fair go. Like really give it my 100%. 

So there! I should have just posted I can believe I did a workout! and dropped the word "CAN'T" as I am here to let you know I CAN and so can you. If I CAN DO IT with 4 kids under 6, sleep deprived, when it's still dark outside and the rain is pouring and all you want to do is lay in your warm bed then seriously what is your excuse for not making time for yourself to get fit, healthy and feeling fabulous. Check out Fit Yummy Mummy for my fitness secret.

Please add your comments so we can work out a strategy and a plan of attack for all your excuses!!

Read soon XxDani

9 comments :

  1. Yes we CAN!!!
    KNow how you feel babe Tues night Rylan was up from midnight till three thirty.. I had bootcamp at 9am. So could have felt sorry for myself but didn't and I boxed the blues away - then had a little arvo kip before I picked the kids up from school!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a superb effort Celeste!!! Good work and I'm sure you're body is thanking you for it as well. However as we know we also need to listen to our bodies so if we are exhausted, sick or injured then laying off any exercise is a good idea. XxD

      Delete
  2. Hey Dani, 'just do it ' is my favorite phrase. I use to have it over my desk, but it really does apply to all aspects of your life.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely agree Barb!!! It's just a great moto to apply though to whatever you set your mind in doing. Hope you're having a wonderful holiday in the US of A!!!!! Miss you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup been there but even when I am feeling tired and dragging my butt across the floor a good hard workout sure perks me up! Love it! Plus I love the phrase JUST DO IT! when Nike thought of that is was genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely agree "Unknown ~ what is your name BTW?" I have been known to do a workout at 11pm as I had it written down as part of my goal to workout no matter what.... rain, hail or sunshine!!! How much better did I feel not only for working out but sticking to my goal plan. XxDani

      Delete
  5. You are so, so inspiring Dani, and I'm so glad I've found your blog. I really get the 2am wake up calls, I get them often, and have been using them as excuses not to workout, even though I know the truth, that working out will make me feel more awake. I can and will change this. Thanks for the kick, xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so inspiring :)
    I really love your blog :)
    You are amazing! You have 4 kids and still can manage working out, blogging and taking care of your children! YOu are supermum! :@

    ReplyDelete
  7. stevecarve@gmail.com14 August 2013 at 20:39

    Very inspiring post, being a mother of 4 and having that much dedication is really wonderful. Keep sharing.

    Thanks,
    http://www.offyaglutes.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani